Does everyone have an internal examination?

sheena287

Reaction score
Hiya everyone hope your all well, just wondering if midwife does an internal exam routinely as you get near to end of pregnancy to see if anythings going on down below?? this is my second baby but i had my first at 36 weeks so didnt do the last few weeks. ive heard some people say about their cervix has thinned etc, just wondering how they know? thanks all xx

I haven't had an internal - Apart from when I was 33 weeks and was taken into hospital, it was only to check if my waters were still in tact though.

We don't have them around here until our sweeps/we're in labour.

Sorry - That's not much help lol xx

The first internal I had was when I was two days over my due date and they gave me a sweep. then once I got into labour I had loads! :rotfl: :roll:

I was hoping to get through birth without them having to touch me, why do you think im havihg a water birth? /damn thats my plan out the window lol!!

I think they only examine you past your dd, if you're bleeding or during labout and what not...

:hug:

I was inly examined during mt sweep, but i choose to have that and could have said no.
\during labour when i first came in to hossi they checked, i practically begged them to at this point!!
then i was only examined once more before it was time to push, i hated the idea of examinations but i was fine with it when in labour.

they also asked lots before examining me as my birth plan said i didnt want them really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back