Internal examination

Never had a smear either, too young too!..Dont think ill have one either as it involves getting your bits out and im a bit sensitive to that :lol:

Im choosing to have these to an absolute minimum unless ive had my bikini line done lol!

Never had a smear either, too young too!..Dont think ill have one either as it involves getting your bits out and im a bit sensitive to that :lol:

You'd rather risk cervical cancer than show a nurse your bits!?

I was really nervous and embarrassed when I went for my first one, but the nurse was so laid back and she'd seen it a thousand times before so it put me at ease and I just let her get on with it! It wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be.

You'll be getting your bits out weekly of you contract cervical cancer.

I think sometimes it's an age thing too. My first smear I was very shy, by the last one I'm surprised I wasn't sat in the waiting room with my bits out lol. You get used to it as you have more

Once you go through labour and delivery, smears are nothing!

I found the internal extremely painful! Guess everyone is different!

Im choosing to have these to an absolute minimum unless ive had my bikini line done lol!

Oh my... ill defo be going for a smear after baby is born, i think 25 is too late to have these things done should defo be earlier over here.
better to be safe then sorry x

I didn't find internals that bad at all. My second sweep was a little uncomfortable but when I was in labour it was fine.

I'm having my first smear next year (that's when I turn 25) and I'm not overly looking forward to it, not because of getting my bits out (WAY too many people have seen them for me to care now lol) but I just think its going to be uncomfortable. Ah well. Few minutes and it's done with.

I didn't find internals that bad at all. My second sweep was a little uncomfortable but when I was in labour it was fine.

I'm having my first smear next year (that's when I turn 25) and I'm not overly looking forward to it, not because of getting my bits out (WAY too many people have seen them for me to care now lol) but I just think its going to be uncomfortable. Ah well. Few minutes and it's done with.

I've had quite a few smears now coz it used to be (in this area) from the age of 21 so I've had 5, 1 every 3 years.

They have never hurt, but a bit uncomfortable. I found speculum doesn't hurt as much as a whole hand up there rummaging around lol

xxxx

agree with Danielle77, i live in wales and get a letter through the post at 20 to get one, i had abnormal changes which could have been dangerous, luckily i've been ok.

My sweep wasn' t too uncomfortable, jus like having a penis that's larger than u expected :O lol, hits the roof and u get that pain, but nothing too bad, i found breathing in and out slowly and closing my eyes naiively helps with being embaressed? lol xx

Last time i had my baby i had a few and cant remember them hurting, tbh its nothing compared to labour anyway so just grin n bare it if it hurts :) xx

I had an Internal done last week after I had several tightenings, they wanted to make sure I wasnt in labour, and I'm not being funny but I nearly passed out! it was really uncomfy and I'm actually dreading it again sorry to put you off lol :-/ xx

I urge all the girls that haven't had smears to go as well, I had one 3 years ago and to think its only uncomfy for a couple of minutes, I lost my mum due to cancer in 2010 and its something I would urge everyone to do, as it can be acted upon early if there is any abnormalities, my mum always urged me to go so please please do it girls, Ive to get mine after baby is born as well xxxx

I had an internal, stretch and sweep at 38+6 yesterday. Can't say it was the best and wouldn't volunteer to have it done again as I squeeled like a piggy! But it only lasted what 20 seconds or so then all is back to normal again! Had abit of bleeding after too but that's stopped now. I wasn't embarrassed whatsoever even tho I wasn't expecting them to do it and hadn't tidied up mi hairy Mary! However I'm sure they've seen worse and will have had to give internals to ladies who haven't even showered before the appointment!
I'm afraid it's part and parcel of this pregnancy lark and whilst not pleasant has got to be done! They said they give you has and air if you're on the labour ward too, I wasn't, thought I was just going for a growth scan so be prepared at every appointment!!! Kim x

How did you manage to get a sweep before 39 weeks? x

I was asked to go for a scan yesterday as they're concerned about babys growth - babe / bump hasnt grown in over a week. I'm 39 weeks today, but bump measured 32 yesterday... it should have been at least 36.
They booked me in for induction on Thursday, which I'm abso papping myself about - they said its prob best to get her out now as maybe the placenta isnt working as it should. Think they examined me to see how far off I was naturally and maybe hoped the sweep and stretch might get things going without having to be induced - which despite a few twinges last night hasn't seemed to have kicked anything off! I was 1cm dialated and she said the cervix had started to soften which is a step in the right direction as I won't be starting off from scratch I suppose! Happy days so I keep telling myself! Eeek! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back