Does anyone sew?

Cupcake78

Reaction score
Hi, my daughter is 15 months old now and I felt I needed something to do for myself in my 'spare' time (a joke I know, what mummy has spare time?). I wanted to buy my daughter a personalised doll for her first proper dolly and couldn't find a nice one anywhere so I thought I would have a go at making one myself. Crazy as I had never sewn before! After getting a sewing machine I got going and really enjoy it! I have made lots of dolls now and even have a page on Facebook where I sell them. If I can make a bit of extra money then that would be great!
Does anyone else sew? I find it quite relaxing and it helps take my mind off all my money worries, health worries, anxiety issues etc. etc. ! Here is a picture of one of my dolls x
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...9305976.130117.507113005972767&type=1&theater

Awww lovely! I don't sew but it's something I'd like to get into.....your very good! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I sew! By hand though x I have done a couple of patchwork quilts for friends and family and just about to embark on dolls clothes for my daughters Barbies :)

I sew! By hand though x I have done a couple of patchwork quilts for friends and family and just about to embark on dolls clothes for my daughters Barbies :)

I don't think I could do Barbie clothes - so small! I do remember when I was wee, my mum used to sew and knit clothes for my Barbie, everyone wanted some!

They are ridiculously small! But I like the challenge ;) xx

There lovely Hun, now we have moved I'm thinking about attempting to make a memory blanket out of LO old baby clothes I don't have the heart to get rid of them but at least this way I can make a big rag quilt or a few of them :) well that's the plan lol I need to learn to sew first hehe

Thanks Angela! Thats a lovely idea! A lot of people make teddies and things from old baby clothes as well which is also a nice keepsake. I only started sewing in May, once you get going you might love it! I've never made a blanket before, good luck x

Thank you I shall need all the luck I can get, I've seen the teddies they look lovely but I can't find a pattern :(

Last edited:
I hand sew.
Finished Katies quilt a few days before she was born :)

I hand sew.
Finished Katies quilt a few days before she was born :)
Aww sweet! It must feel good to know you made it yourself! I haven't had time to make my wee one anything! I will make her a special doll soon though as she is starting to get more interested in her cuddly toys and likes to cuddle them!

Thank you I shall need all the luck I can get, I've seen the teddies they look lovely but I can't find a pattern :(

I think the one thats used the most is from Funky Friends Factory, not sure I'm allowed to post a link on here but if you Google it they have a lot of patterns. Be careful though - its addictive! Once you make one you can't stop!
http://www.funkyfriendsfactory.com/...r-calico-teddy-bear-pattern-instant-download/

That's the exact one I had been looking for thank you very much :) I shall also have a browse hehe

I think the one thats used the most is from Funky Friends Factory, not sure I'm allowed to post a link on here but if you Google it they have a lot of patterns. Be careful though - its addictive! Once you make one you can't stop!
http://www.funkyfriendsfactory.com/...r-calico-teddy-bear-pattern-instant-download/

That's the exact one I had been looking for thank you very much :) I shall also have a browse hehe

No problem! I would like to have a go myself as I feel the same about Chloe's baby clothes, I would like to make a keepsake to give her when she is older. Choosing which clothes could be a challenge, my loft is full of bags of clothes she has grown out of!

I have a few boxes full and it's going to be so hard to cut them up but I guess once I'm finished at least they will be put to use and always treasured but in a better way than being stored iykwim I'm still going to keep some though don't tell OH lol

Why not make her a patchwork skirt or something like that? A wrap around adjust able one or something.

Katies quilt
DSCF3258_zps5b8b8b36.jpg

Not normally but I really wanted a headband for her but couldn't find one anywhere so made her one by hand! Not fantastic but not bad for first go and by hand..

Psyco-I make quilts too!! That one is lovely! Here's the quilt I made for my son out of his old baby clothes:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359832331.343640.jpg

My daughters quilt:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359832364.367432.jpg

The first bag I ever made:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359832385.045302.jpg

And the first squares of a quilt I forgot to take a photo of when I finished it!:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359832420.098874.jpg

Wow! I love seeing all these sewing projects! How do you add pictures? When I click on the insert image icon it asks me for an url?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back