Does anyone know if i still can ask for help

snoop

Reaction score
We have been trying to concieve since my early miscarriage last year, its now coming up for a year and i still have not managed to get pregnant again, but i am unsure if the doctor will help us out, because i have 2 kids from a previous relashionship and the are both 12 and 14, I am coming up for 35 as well so time is against me i know. My partner who i have been with for 5 years has a child also with his ex.
Because we have kids already are we entitled to help? as we do really want a child together. I am probably being selfish as people are struggling to have there first and i am after my 3rd.
Any one else has kids and getting help to concieve again?

I was thinking of giving it all up but my partner want us to go for tests, so i have said i will try that and hope i get a little one again.

Thanks Girls.

Hi Hun,

As far as I'm aware you might not get funding for treatment for IVF but I'm sure you will be able to get the diagnostic tests done with the docs.

FX you'll be fine and the test will just bring peace of mind, good Luck!

xx

Hey Snoop :)

You definately won't be able to get IVF/ICSI.

You very likely won't be able to have IUI.

Your GP should still refer you for any standard diagnostics, although you might find that they are pretty strict on their policies before putting you forward for testing - so they might make you and hubby lose/gain weight, stop smoking, start taking vitamins, etc, etc.

I think that the closest you are going to get to actual treatment is probably clomid, which might be just the thing you need to give your fertility a bit of a kick start :)

I don't think you are selfish for wanting number three either ;)

Hi Snoop, I have been TTC for 3 years. I have 2 children already but my partner has none. I finally decided to do something about it, had my bloods done (all ok) and OH had tests (all ok) so we were refered to fertility clinic and they were amazing, my appointment was last week and already I have my appointments for an internal scan/x-ray and a hysterosalpingogram.

My first appointment is 7th April and second one is 14th April, I am sure it differs region to region but they have been amazing for us and the fatt that I have got children has not delayed anything. I was told I would not get funding for IVF or IUI if needed.

If all results come back normal then no other fertility tretment can be given as we will not be classed as infertile.

They said after my appointment on 7th I will be extra fertile for 3 months as my tubes will effectly been flushed out, so looking forward to having it done.

Good luck and go for it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back