Signs to look out for?

CazH

Reaction score
I have been TTC for 10mths now and due to visit doc once a year is over. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to look out for to know there IS something wrong with me like Polysistic ovaries, blocked tubes???

Hope you can help me as getting really worried I may never concieve, I know a year is hardly anything to worry about time wise as I keep on being told by EVERYONE that has fallen straight away but I am getting fed up with it all being the one that cant concieve!!!!

Thanks for any help x

Hi Caz, has your GP done any blood tests for you? Mine did it after my first month of TTC and confirmed that I have biochemical PCOS, which means that I have no cysts on my ovaries, but have hormonal imbalance. Since the results came back, my GP said that it will be difficult to conceive and that it would be a waste of time to wait for a year. She has referred me to the reproductive endocryne right away. I had to wait for my first appointment for 7 months and finally been seen in Feb. They have done some more blood work and confirmed biochemical PCOS. I have started taking treatment and will see them again in June to see if my hormonal balance got any better. ( I will be TTC for a year then)

Basically, my signs of PCOS: rapid weight loss since I stopped taking pills mainly round my belly area, excessive sweating, thinning hair and bad acne.

I think that you should put some pressure on your GP because from the referral date it will take ages until things start moving forward.

Best of luck hun and let me know if you need a chat.

Petra xxx

Thanks Petra, My doc says you have not been trying long enough!!!!! I just wanna know if there is something up lets get it sorted asap! I'd like a bit of the weight loss that sounds good!!!

Sending a ton loads of Baby dust down the computer to YOU! PUFFFFFFF!

thanks hun. I am sending lots your way too. I have just read it.. I haven't had weight loss but weigh gain :wall: :wall: I have gained a stone in the last 10 months..very annoying and depressing.

I think you should go and push your doctor. He can get lots of answers from a single blood test. Can't you just lie and say that you have been ttc for more than a year now? Will the doctor remember? Go girl and fight for yourself. Best of luck sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'll give it a go in June GIRL POWER!!!!

Why is getting pregnant such a mission? Why us hey? Never thought it would be this hard!

All i can tell you is our experiences and that is there was no way of knowing that i had a blocked tube or that hubby had low sperm count until they start to investigate.
I know that its really not what you want hear from everyone that it will happen when it happens but i now believe it is true, the main thing i would say is not to have any pressure or stress and really dont think about getting pregnant as in the end this is what worked for us after 12 years and failed IVF.
So we can only think it had something to do with it.
I wish you all the luck on what we know is a very frustrating journey!!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back