does anyone freecycle / freegle!?!

treeze

Reaction score
this is a bit of a random thread but I just wondered if you have all heard of freecyle?

i only found out about it a little while ago but it's basically a site where people list items they no longer need / use rather than chucking them out (local to where you live). People then apply for the item by sending an email saying that they would like it and why etc. No money can be offered or accepted - it's all about recycling unused items that someone else might be able to use and to reduce landfill etc. You can even get stuff to then "sell on" but you have to tell them this is your intent when you send the email.

I have only been checking it out every now and then but i had a look on there today and managed to get a mothercare swaddling blanket - virtually brand new - normally £24.99.. and got it absolutely free!

i just thought i'd mention it as there is so much baby stuff you can get which can be cleaned / disinfected etc so you might be able to get some of it free by using this site. So many people have baby stuff that is hardly used at all - baby baths, highchairs etc, and so many people just list it all for free on the website.

It's a bit of pot luck as to whether you "win" the item or not as it seems alot of people apply for the items but you just send a little email saying why you want it etc. I have listed quite a few things (my old cot mattress, and old tv, some spare bathroom tiles etc) and i was inundated with emails from people wanting all of them.

It's relatively simple to join (think you have to join yahoo first and then you local freecyle/freegle network) but it talks you through it all and if you have facebook you can use that as your login etc.

anyway just wanted to share that incase any of you have not heard of it! It's worth joining just to see some of the things people list on there to save a trip to the dump! - piles of dirt, broken hoovers etc - but you never know what you might see - i've sent a request for some deckchairs for the garden too!

At the end of the day - if you win an item and then it turns out to be no good or not up to your standard then you can relist it yourself! People are very keen and the bits i have got rid of on there the collecters have turned up within 24 hours to take it away! Great if you have stuff to get rid of and can't be bothered to go to the dump too - you'd be amazed what some people will take from you!!!!

Anyway - happy freecycling!!!

I love feecycle i got a tv off there about 3 years ago turned out the person lived 2 mins away on the same street lol.
The tv still works brilliantly and im looking out for baby stuff

I forgot about free cycle! Thanks for the reminder I have tones of stuff I need to clear out before baby arrives!

love freecycle. Got my ironing board from it, and never had a problem with it in 3 years!
Put a few bits up to, nice to know someone else is getting use out of things we'd otherwise throw away!

Going to pick up 2 black sacks full of Newborn and 0-3m clothes at weekend!

Sounds like a great idea. I often go to the tip with stuff and as I throw it out I always think what a waste. May prove to be very useful when we move in a couple of months!! :D Thank you xxx

I use my local Freegle and its excellent. Because everyone lives within a 10 mile radius of me its so easy to have things picked up and going to collect stuff. Really good idea. And like you said, you can pick up some real bargains aswell.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back