Does anyone else still find it difficult?!

milkybar

Reaction score
I'm a first time mum, my son is 8 months. Whilst I remember a shift around 4 months where I said it was 'easier', in reality I still find days and nights really tough. I feel like my boy spends a lot of time unhappy as he's so tired (nap issues), and a lot of the time i look forward to husband getting home so I can have a peaceful 20mins while take a shower! Don't get me wrong, I love my son an insane amount and we have lots of fun too. But tonight is another rough night with bit of a temperature, it's only a few weeks ago he was last under the weather making it tougher again, so my brain feels like there's been no let up or break.
I've always heard parenting is the toughest job. But goodness me I'm experiencing it like that too. Just a vent...may we all have stackfuls of cadbury or wine :lol:

Please don't be too hard on yourself. The first year is a killer especially if you have a baby that doesn't sleep. I was like you in that I had little stages where it felt easier but in all the "baby" stage is hard. I'd always loved children and babies but after my DD I realised I do not like the baby stage. The big turning point was when she learned to walk just before one although she didn't sleep through until 2 which was so tough.

Vent away! I'm sure you're doing an amazing job, and consider shutting the bathroom door during your shower and spend some time just sitting and getting an extra 10mins rest to

For me it got much easier at about a year old. Starting walking helped for me. It does mean you have to be careful that they don't get into stuff they shouldn't but mine all started getting more independent and less clingy around that age which meant I could actually do stuff with my hands free sometimes while they explored and pottered with toys. Sleep improved too. There are still hard days though, especially if I don't sleep enough. When one is sick it's always hard as you are up half the night and have to get up and carry on with a normal routine the next day. Plus kids are grumpy and demanding when they are not feeling well.

Last edited:
it got easier with my daughter at about....5!

Thanks for all your replies; only just got on to check as Fridays 'bit of a temperature turned into a full blown awful 4 days and nights. It's a relief to hear sometimes it can get better once they're walking and that you've experienced this too. And Shepherdess, I think that's spot on - I don't like the baby stage! I know it's not passed so can't compare to other stages, but I suspect that'll ring true. How refreshing to hear it can be said :lol: thanks all xx

Aw, sorry it sounds like you have been having a rough 4 days. It seems like some peoples kids never get ill. Or when they do it's just a bit of a snuffle and they hardly notice. Mine catch everything going and seem to get it twice as bad. I have noticed feeding them super healthy food and no sweets helps a bit but I think it's mostly genetic as I am the same way. Baby being ill makes him sleep badly which means I sleep badly and then he is clingy and grumpy in the day which makes it hard to get anything done.

Not all babies are the same either personality wise. Our first was super demanding as a baby. She always had strong opinions and expected her needs to be met, lol. She was always a bad sleeper too. Number three is totally different. He is very calm and cheerful by nature. He is a much better sleeper too. Unless he is ill that is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back