Does anyone actually like their MIL?!

I like my mil - we have had ur differnces in the past over my parenting but she knows where she stands and that was was years ago. So were ok now and I get on with her well.

Like her even more now as she having DS for me tomorrow night so i just have my little girly and husband no screaming boy!

i get on really well with my MIL, even been out clubbing with her a few times :)

i like mine, shes ace, i really admire how she brought OH up, giving him things he wanted but not everything so he wasnt spoilt. she also took my son on like her own grandchild right from the first minute, she advises me on stuff but never pushes me so i feel like i have to do it her way, shes also took in my baby(rabbit) for the past 2 1/2 yrs cuz i havent had chance to move him to our new house, so yeah i can safely say i really get on well with mine :D :D

I get on really well with mine :D If anything I think I am closer to her than my OH is, and she always sticks up for me if he moans about me :lol: They live right next door too, which some people would hate, but I quite like it, they come in very handy for watching the kids for ten minutes here and there, and she is always bringing me stuff when she buys BOGOF! :rotfl:

I liked mine fine until we went on holiday last year for SIL's wedding and I found out what a horror she is. She is really bitter and mean!

Since having Molly, she really has done my head in! It's not just me having Molly though, cos SIL and I had babies around the same time there is a constant comparison and she seems to just go along with everything SIL says and gets totally tetchy if I disagree. She's one of those 'Well it never did my kids any harm' types and it drives me crazy. Shes made me have a new appreciation of my own mum, who I always thought was a pain but I've realised is just a bit quirky.

My FIL though I adore. He is an absolute awe of Molly and it's so cute to see him with her

I get on reasonably well with mine. But then, I only see her a few times a year ;) She lives hundreds of miles away!

I'm not convinced we'd get on quite so well if she lived nearer. While I admire the job she did of raising her kids (as a single mum) she can be a touch overbearing at times. She and I both have strong personalities and we have exchanged words in the past. But on the whole, yeah we get on alright.

I love my OH's parents, i get on really well with both of them. They will be our babies only grandparents as my dad passed away and i can't stand my mother so its a good job i do like them really!!

I like mine.

Obviously there are differences between us and I can tell when she's thinking im a daft git cos I do things differently like weaning and stuff but generally she doesnt interfer. It has to be said too that she's always delighted when I ask her to take James for a bit whereas my mum always make me feel like she's going out of her way and doing me a right big favour which I better rememeber for months to come.

sarafet said:
bhe101 said:
Mine is nice enough but most of the time she gets on my bloody nerves!
I think shes a bit scared of me :lol: :twisted:

that made me LOL :lol:

what do you DO to her exactly :rotfl:

:rotfl: nothing, honest!!

I just dont think she gets me. I can come across as a bit intimidating apparently :lol:

I get on pretty well with mine. Shes done a few things over the years to annoy me but we've never had a falling out. On the whole her hearts in the right place.

I actually worry because it would seem alot of people don't get on with their MILS. I must remember not to be one of those nightmare mils if Dan ever gets married! :lol:

I do, she's lovely....but in hosp just now she had a heart attack :(

I get on ok with mine. Sometimes it used to feel like i wasn't good enough. Now i just feel like they have to talk to me coz of Angel. And that goes for all of the In-Law side! If i wasn't around i don't think they'd notice.

I get on really well with my MIL. I'm also amazed at the stories I hear about MILs. Mine is an angel.

I havent seen my "MIL" since Callum was 2 weeks old

Shes an alcoholic and somewhat invisable to her kids and grandkids :roll: :roll:

My OHs parents wont meet me so I have no idea :lol: Hes Indian, Im white so they refuse point blank to acknowledge me in any way at all even though we've been together 5years and lived together for 3! They only live 5minutes away in a house that my OH owns and I know what they look like, see his dad in the street but he doesnt even look at me! Im hoping it might change when bubba arrives, not for my sake, I dont care at all but I want my baby to at least know his/her grandparents :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back