Does a short height & small shoe size = c section ?

debecca said:
Also, my grandmother was 4'10" and she gave birth naturally 16 times no problems whatsoever.
:shock: :shock:

16 times wow!!!!

Minxy said:
Tillytots said:
~*Leanne*~ said:
Well im about 5"1 i'd say and have size 3 feet and haven't been told that i cannot have a natural birth :think:

Jeez who told you that?!

Im 5ft 1" Size 3 feet and had absolutely no problem giving birth naturally to an 8lb baby, I pushed him out in no time xx

Read it again..................... :wink:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Just call me blondie :oops:

He he I am 5'1'' and size 3/4 shoe had DS with no problems, stiches or grazing and if my ridiculous growth scan prediction is true am on track for an 11Lber this time, NO ONE has suggested a C-section to me!!

Well i'm 5' 9ish ( i like to say 5'10') i have size 8 feet, so i'm pretty big and i did have a c-section...pushed for blaady hours and he wasn't coming out!!!!
So don't think size has owt to do with it :hug:

sass said:
I am 5ft, size 3 feet and a size 6-8 and I gave birth naturally and ella was 7lb13oz. Because I was small and they knew she was going to be big (she was early hence not being too big!) I was told I would have to go to the hospital, not birth centre and a doctor had to be there when I started pushing (that was because of shoulder dystrophia though)

I did have to have forceps, but I don't know why? She wasn't in the right position so think it was that.

After I had her the midwives kept reading my notes which has BIG BABY written all over them, saying "7lb13 isn't that big", then looking at me and saying "oh, it is for you!"

Edited: I asked the consultant for a c-section the day before I went into labour at 38 wks and he said no!

Jeez! If 7lb 13 is considered big I must have done REALLY well! I'm a size 6-8 too, and 5'1", size 3 feet and Connie was 8lb 9oz!!! I had the opposite problem though despite a consistently huge fundal height the midwife at my 39+3 check (4 days before I went into labour) told me Connie would be "about 7lb".

They really don't have a clue, do they?

Hello, I'm on my fourth child (due in 9 weeks). I'm 5 ft and have a size 3 shoe! on my first pregnancy i thought the hospital would have recoomended a c section, but i was wrong. I have had 3 relatively easy labours and gave birth naturally to all of them. The Midwife will probably recommend a scan if she/he thought the baby was too big to be delivered naturally. Speak to midwife about your thoughts and she can reassure you and put your mind at rest. Claire xx

thanks guys, got MW appt in a couple of hours so will have a chat with her then

no! i am 5'4", size 4 feet and got very narrow hips too i dont look built for childbirth but i had a breeze of a natural home birth!

my friend is even smaller, 5'0", size 3 feet and looks about 9 years old even tho she's 29- she had a natural birth and her son was nearly 10lb! :shock: she had zillions of stitches tho and was blue-lighted to hospital, but still- she got him out!

I asked the MW this last time and she said although there was some evidence that small feet=small pelvis, they would have to be exceptionally small (like child sized) and even then it wasn't particulalry accurate. My sister has size 7-8 feet and is probably arounf 5ft10 and she ended up with two emergency sections as her pelvis was small. I am always amazed at friends of mine who are tiny and produce 9 and 10lb babies - I think it is more to do with stretch than actual size!

well i asjed my MW yesterday at my 25wk appt and she measured my height and told me there is a cut off point of 152cm for a referral to consultant ...... I am 151.5 :x

Can you believe it - she said it doesnt always mean a c-section but it is a possibility, depending on how big my baby is
So she's referring me to the consultant and i may need to have a couple more scans to check his size

So i suppose its a watch this space :roll:

What bolloxs

I'm 4ft 11 and a size 3 feet and although I did have and emergency section with my eldsest that was because his heartbeat dropped everytime I had a contraction.
With my youngest I gave birth naturally and he weighed 8lb 14.5oz

My midwife told me my height 5''8 or something like that and my size 6 feet means I got a pelvis the size of a bus. I did get an 11lb baby out but I have seen girls loads shorter, skinnier, and smaller feet than me push out between 8-10lb babies.

I have heard a few people talk about this. Not sure what the statistics are but my mum is 5ft and a size 4 and had me without any probs and I weighed 7lbs 3oz. I am 5ft 2in and a size 5 and had my DS who was 7lbs 4oz, but I had a 2nd degree tear. xxx

My granny is 4ft 11' and has a size 3 shoe. She successfully gave birth vaginally to 8 children, one of whom (my mum) was breech. So personally I think it's a load of tosh!

I'm 5ft1 and have size 4 shoes and while I had an emergency section with Lu it was down to her getting into distress. I asked the doctor and she said that there was a small possibility that the complications of my labour were due to a problem in size between me and baby but she didn't think it a problem for this time.

I think that it's very rare that the human body would make a baby too big to be born vaginally.

2 of my mates are short, small feet but also slim and they both had to have c-sections because their babies were too big to fit through their pelvis as they are short.
I think its more common now days and I hear of it alot when chatting to people but I think it all depends on your height againts your pelvis size and the weight of your baby and possibly if you've had any complications or anything in your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back