Doctors demanding 48hr bloods

SalisburyMum

Reaction score
But I don't know why?!

My veins are shot away and the blood tests are becoming really painful! My GP said she couldn't really understand the necessity for so many bloods, if I miscarry there is nothing they can do about it now...

I'm going to put my foot down and say once a week bloods until the scan x

It might be because you had the issue with the coil which can make you more prone to an ectopic if I recall correctly so the 48 hr bloods will make sure your hcg is doubling normally rather than be an indicator it's in the wrong place x

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, until they do the scan they won't know anyway, so 48hr bloods is just not necessary.

I've not been for my bloods today although have some booked for Tuesday. I think once or twice weekly is perfectly reasonable and I've phoned and told my consultant that

Yea it's just at this stage they wouldn't see anything on the scan anyway. I think it's just to protect themselves as ectopic can be life threatening and if they didn't offer bloods and something happened they would be liable.

I don't see it as something bad... they are taking care of you. Much better than they just dismissing you.

Oh I don't see it as anything bad either :)

It's just my veins are shot away and I did have serious issues with needles as a child so putting myself (mentally) through the pain of having endless blood tests is probably not worthwhile for the risk.

I've just spoken to my doctor and she's cool with that, I've a test booked for Tuesday and will book another for the following week, she said they'd increased by 90% from the previous test, so we are looking at bloods of 157 which is well within normal.

So yeah, just be aware of pain and wait for bloods to be in for the scan!

I'm feeling pretty positive!!

If they even remotely suspect ectopic they should have scanned you as a priority at EPU by now, especially if you have any form of spotting or bleeding, I know you want to remain positive and that's great but make sure they are monitoring everything properly as an ectopic is very dangerous.

They did scan me. They couldn't find anything because I'm only five weeks pregnant now.

They are doing my bloods because when the levels hit 15,000 they can see the location of baby on a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back