• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Docs appointment

charlene09

Reaction score
Well I have a doctors appointment on Friday 9th , My first docs appointment since being pregnant ( I dont know what you call it)

Anyway today My grandmother really scared me she said the doctor has to give you an internal to confirm your pregnancy . has anyone else's doctor done this?

Mine just said 'oh you don't need to see me make a midwife appointment.' Helpful as ever! x

Really! My doctor best not do that, Ill just say excuse me I dont even know where to start can you atleast do your job and help a patient!! I speak my mind as you can tell by what I just wrote lol x

I said all that to mine but they don't really have anything to to with antenatal care anymore hence having to just make my appointment with the midwife. I didn't really get confirmation till my 12 week scan and the only reason i knew i was pregnant was the sore boobs, sickness and no period. x

Charlene doesn't seem to have the symptoms, apart from tireness (alot), very moody all the time :wall2: lol and no period (was supposed to be due on 23rd)

I listen :dance:

the doc dosnt do much at all just tells you to make app with the midwife mine did do a test but its my 3rd and the first test ive done at the doctors so think there all diffrent god luck xxxxxxx

They wont do an internal lol! Dr`s in some areas dont want there time wasted so you have to sometimes book straight up with the midwife, i had to do this where i used to live. But here i had to do it myself as i didnt have a Dr but they didnt want to see me as i hadnt had it confirmed by the Dr although i think them giving me the scan was proof enough x

All my doctor did was refer me to the hospital, told me to take folic acid and printed out some info on what I should/ shouldn't eat. I didn't even have my blood pressure checked! She said that pregnancy tests these days are the same as the ones they would use so there was no point them doing a test as well. Don't worry, you won't have an internal :)

My doctor was lovely, she didn't confirm my pregnancy but was really helpful with folic acid, food advice and was really sympathetic about my concerns because of a previous missed abortion (medical term for a missed miscarriage). I had to arrange mw apt for booking in and they were helpful in getting me an early booking in so that she could arrange a slightly earlier scan for me. Good luck tomorrow!

Thankyou Helen, I'm excited now about it, Ive stopped smoking today aswell not had 1 cigarette all day! :) So i am in a happy exciting moodd!! YAY cant wait

Some GP's will want you to take one of their tests to confirm, others will be happy you've tested yourself. My GP then gave me a big information pack and went through all the do's and don't with food and folic acid and what not. In my surgery the GP then refers you on to the midwife so you have to see them first. No tests for me though, just a nice smile and reassuring congratulations (after we had established that we were happy about the pregnancy!). Some GP's will do the initial blood tests and scan referral, really just depends on your practice! Good luck, hope it goes well!!

My GP wouldn't test me again to confirm as id already done 6 tests :roll: :lol:
He took my BP and then told me he would sort the rest out and to just wait for a letter in the post for a scan.
Hope everything goes ok :)

I got on okay :) .. made a midwife appointment and they said she cant come and see me till i am 8+ weeks which i was rather annoyed over!

Glad it went well - think it's pretty usual to see you at 8-10 weeks for a check and then they book you in for your scan - gets exciting from then onwards!!! xxx

:) I am excited cant wait to have my scan :D getting a doppler off ebay on monday though YAYA!

Cool - don't worry if you can't find anything - they all say they work dead early but they don't tend to be that great early on and I don't think I know anyone who found anything before 10 or 11 weeks - so if you don't find anything it doesn't mean anything is wrong - good luck with it tho xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back