slightly confused

natalie25

Reaction score
hey all, im getting slightly confused because i found out i was pregnant on friday last week and when i had my doctors appointment they asked me when my LMP was, now ive not had a period for over 20 weeks. the doctor felt my tummy and said he couldnt feel anything obvious to show im 20 odd weeks pregnant. ive got my first midwives appointment this friday and im wondering if i tell her i havent had a period in 20 weeks, will they give me a scan before a dating scan to confirm how far i am? or will i be waiting for weeks for a appoint thru the post? i hate not knowing how far i really am, has anyone got any advice for me please? xxx

Hiya the reason the doc felt ur tummys is bcos after 12 weeks pregnant thr uterus pops up from behind the pubic bone so it can then be felt by a abdominal examination can I ask why its taken u this long to seek seeing a doc or mw? And how long have u know u were pregnant? I expect they will rush a scan through and depending how far u are they may make it into ur 12 week one x

its because i was on the cerazette pill and my period stopped right before i stopped taking them, so i didnt think anything of it until i stopped taking them 4 months ago and thought it was strange i didnt get a withdrawl bleed so i got a test to make sure and it was positive. :) x

They should give you a scan quite soon hun. I have no idea how far along I really am due to irregular period - it's just a guess from my emergancy scan which said 6 to 7 weeks.

You can always book in for a private scan :)

ahh ok well i expect they will rush a scan through but if they couldnt feel anything with an abdominal scan i reckon ur less then 12 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back