Doc refused to vaccinate lil miss!

Squiglet

Reaction score
We went to the doctor today to get lil miss vaccinated against Rotavirus.

Unfortunately we are victims of a postcode lottery, where the rotavirus and meningitis vaccines are not free on the NHS, despite the fact that if I lived in the Murcia region (couple miles up the road) it would AND I pay the exact same social security payments to the same effing government.

So we had to pay 76€ per dose of the product, each vaccine requires 6 doses so thats a total of 456€ (thats near a half a months wages). So we couldn't afford to get it done, until I got my new job.

Lil miss starts nursery this week and she is bound to get it as its the most virulent virus among children, spreads like wildfire even with good levels of sanitation and accounts for most hospitalizations/deaths due to vomiting and diarrhea in babies under the age of 2.

Well apparently not enough studies have been shown to prove that it is of any benefit beyond 6 months, :roll: so they won't give it to her... but Tia nearly died from Rotavirus when she was a baby, and it terrifies me that I will have to sit next to another hospital bed begging my child to live AGAIN!!!

To say I'm just a tad F****D off today is an understatement. :shakehead:

Awwwwww :( :( :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its crappy with the postcode lottery :( So often people in need or with good reason miss out on something because of it :evil:

Sorry you will have this worry :( :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry, that's so rubbish :(

Rotavirus is terribly unpleasant. Flod caught it when we were in the Mother & Baby Unit, was seriously sick and it took her weeks to get over it. I feel for you especially as you've already had to see Tia suffering.

:hug:

Hopefully Lil Miss (what is her REAL name again? :rotfl: ) will be lucky and escape it xxx

Oh gosh that is horrible! :( Just not right! How can you both pay the same taxes yet some get it free and others dont? :shakehead: Its just not right!

:shakehead: at the doctors

:pray: that lil miss doesn't catch the virus

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwww, that is awful!!! Bloody governments at their postcode lotteries

:shock: That's awful, surely if you're having to pay for it anyway because of your postcode it should be up to you whether they give it to her!
Hope she doesn't catch it :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back