convulsions???UPDATE it's rotavirus!

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Over the last couple of days Summmer's temp has been over 38. Last night she
kept twitching and her whole body started shaking but it only lasted a couple of seconds
every time, It hasppend quite a lot last night I nearly called an ambulance. She's not acting ill as such, she isn't herself and her eyes look red and puffy.
She's got doctors at 11:30 this morning. I'm so worried I hope I'm over reacting.

The doctor said she has rotavirus which is a stomach bug that children get and once they have
had it they are immune like chicken pox so it's uncommon in adults.
We went to a soft play area last week so she must have picked it up from one of the kids.

I saw a child having temperature-related convulsions and it was HORRIBLE, really violent. But it could have been a mild one, certainly sounds like something was going on so think you're doing the right thing getting her checked out. Her temp is high but isn't too bad but if she is generally unwell esp for more than a day then trust your instincts. Let us know how it goes x

Glad you got some answers and sounds like she'll be on the mend quickly. Sounds very exotic!

OH NO!!! I'm so sorry hun... Its highly infectious... I so hope your lil one gets well soon... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tia got it in hospital when she had meningitis and it nearly killed her.. Its a nasty virus. :( I hope lil miss never ever gets it...

Squiglet said:
OH NO!!! I'm so sorry hun... Its highly infectious... I so hope your lil one gets well soon... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tia got it in hospital when she had meningitis and it nearly killed her.. Its a nasty virus. :( I hope lil miss never ever gets it...

We had to take Summer to the hospital over the weekend because she got much worse during the night.
She is getting better now and is a lot more brighter.

Just seen this hun, hope Summer is feeling better now. saffydreamers Ava went through something like this, must be horrible :( :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back