do you wonder how on earth....

hennaly

Reaction score
....you are gonna get through the next however many weeks?
Im 26 weeks and bored out my mind, i have everything i need for baby and more so dont even have the pleasure of buying stuff now, i dont have friends (no really i dont have any friends what so ever) so have no one to pop round and see, i have no family other than my dad and i just dont know how im supposed to get through the next 14 weeks i just want to go to sleep and wake up in December :(

I don't really have that problem as I work full time and have plenty of other hobbies to keep myself occupied, and my life did not start to simply centre on becoming a mum once I fell pregnant. Sounds like a pretty grim situation you're in.

Maybe there's something you can take up as a hobby, e.g. knitting or other craft, which you still can have baby related (or just for yourself). For example, I'm planning to make a "baby record book" myself, as I find the ones you can get in the shops way to cutesy and sacharine.

Also, there's millions of brilliant books you could read, or maybe it's even worth taking up an evening class or distance learning course or something like that, to keep yourself occupied.

Awww :hug: .
Pretty much in the same situation as you.
I also have no friends, im desperate to finish work but i think that will just make the boredom worse. I have bought more clothes than sh can possibly ever wear.
Ill get to start the nursery tonight but knowing Brian that will be finished by the weekend. Except for the furniture which doesnt arrive till next week, which he will build anyway.

My family all lives elsewhere so im going to be pretty much by myself from when i finish work 24 days and counting , or less if my replacement is good enough to cope without me.

I keep thinking that its getting closer but then think December sounds so long away.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i do have some hobbies etc, ie i foster dogs, puppies and cats for a rescue, i currently have 4 puppies here.
Im also into photography but have no insperation at present.
im ok in the evening as my husband is here with me but dring the day i need something to do.
I guess im just impatient for baby to arrive :roll:
Oh and i dont even have a nursery to do up as baby has to be in with us for lack of space with other children :wall:

hmmm i do understand totally.

I fell out with my circle of 'friends' earlier in the year, well my best mate but then the rest took sides as they were more her friends.
So not many friends who live nearby either.

So am pretty bored, at work there is notrhing to do at the moment, its been dead all summer so thats getting me down a lot.

have started antenatal yogo once a week and may start swimming, need a new costume first.

But yes i kinda know what you are going through really. Can't drink any redwine in the evening/weekends now either so limited to going for a meal and cinema and even the latter is getting uncomfy!!!

Am thinking of finishing work at Xmas but that will give me 8 weeks at home before baby comes and I might go out of my mind!!

I have a low boredom threshhold I think!!

X

hennaly, i know how you feel.
I find myself going back to bed in the afternoon for a nap just to pass some time. My OH works evenings and sometimes through the night so he's asleep during the day and im on my own with the kids in the evenings but now their back at school they'll be in bed by 9:30pm.... i find myself on my own a lot.
I don't drive so when it's raining in stuck in the house. I don't have any family (worth speaking of) other than my dad either and ive kind of grown apart from all my old friends since i met my OH 6 years ago.

Im bored too! :(

This forum :lol:

Ive got to go back to work next week. It starts to effect my matternity pay as im now on ssp so no matter how rough i feel im just going to have to suffer it.

That and spending all my spare time with alice, and then getting everything should keep me busy :D

i have to say if it wernt for this forum and you guys i think i would already be in the looney bin :wall:

I'm the opposite unfortunately, work full time and don't seem to have any free weekends coming up to do any shopping preparations (got ages though so no panics yet) dont we always have the grass is greener feeling!

As some people have said take up a class, go for a swim once a week or a walk. Read some books, watch some TV... do all the things you wont have time to do whe little one is here!!

If you still bored why dont you get a short term temporary job, or if you don't want to commit or go through interviewing etc why don't you do some voluntary work. Also through doing all these things it's possible you may then meet some new friends aswell!!

Hope you get busy soon :)

I'm kind of bored - I used to go the gym 4 times a week and now between nausea and SPD I just can't do it! I work full time but even that is boring!

I just keep thinking that I should make the most of it! Once the baby is here I'll have more than enough to do!

hennaly, you have me, your good old text buddy!!!! :hug:

Gah!! Bored dont cover it..with OH away for another 3 weeks..AND Im now on leave for 18 days..Im gonna go daft!

Ive bought shed loads of books, got loads of dvds I havent watched, and of course have this forum!
I cant do the things I used to due to the mahoosiveness and tiredness :roll: , so being indoors is gonna feature a lot!
I think having OH back will make time go quicker. I dread to think what Im gonna be like when I go on mat leave a month before my EDD!! I will be climbing the walls!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back