How often should baby kick???

littleem

Reaction score
How often should you feel the baby kick, i am 26 weeks pregnant and normally feel the baby move quite a few times a day however yesterday and upto now today i havent really felt anything so getting slightly worried, dont know if i am just missing them????

The 10 kicks a day isnt really accurate until after 28 weeks. Have you been busy? That cold be why you havent noticed them. Have a really cold drink, lie on yuor left side & wait for about 30 - 45 mins. If absolutely no movement in that time, give yoru MW a quick call

Hey, it could be that your baby is just quiter than some! Do you know if your placenta is at the front or back? If it is at the front then that could be stopping you feeling the kicks.
Try eating and drinking something sugary as it will pass to the baby and may make it more active - so it can reassure you :)
I'm sure all is well but you could always call your midwife, just to see what she says :)
xxx

have you got a doppler? if you have you could use that for reassurance. Also like the girls said, drink something ice cold or coke or coffee or eat some chcoclate as that should get bubs moving. I know round about 26 weeks babies movements get more restricted but you should bee feeling them. Call midwife just to be on safe side hun

xx

Daniel used to have his quiet days about a month ago. I asked the midwife if she would check to see if he was ok, he was fine.

I now get kicked everyday, although some days he is much more active than others.

I'm sure everythings ok :hug:

I feel Connie probably about 25 times a day (!) but sometimes it's more and sometimes less. It varies from person to person and baby to baby I think. As the midwife said, I just have a VERY active baby. That is NOT going to be a good thing if she comes out and STILL doesn't sleep.

Which is exactly what my husband was like as a baby. I slept 12 hours a night right from the beginning. Hope she's like me!!!!!!!!!

Like the girls have said, try an ice cold drink - pepsi always gets my baby bouncing around :)

If you still don't feel anything though do give your MW a call as that is what they are there for :)

Agree with the above! My wee one is active fairly regularly but has had the odd quiet day. Usually if you sit or lie down quietly for a while you'll feel something - it can be due to it changing position and you not noticing movement on the outside or just a quiet day.

If you are AT ALL worried, ring your mat unit and they will probably ask you to go in to be monitored. I'm sure all is fine and baby is just having a quiet day or you've been too busy to notice him/her as much as usual :)

My one is quiet during the day - well I think baby is but I am really busy so I don't notice it as much

But at night its a different story - the minute I get into bed baby doesn't stop.

Sometimes my LO has quieter days too. He still moves from time to time, but just to prod me once or twice then go back to sleep. I have only felt one kick this evening so he's obviously tired today as normally he's very active as soon as I lie down :D Like us, babies have energetic active days and tired lazy days. :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back