Do you let your little one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
...open one present on christmas eve?
I have let little man open one present on christmas eve every year after hes had his tea, its normally a new pair of new jarmies to wear at bedtime, ive just thought ill have to find some christmas babygro's for Missy - my next mission :) x x

Yeah Santa always brought me PJs slippers and dressing on Chrsitmas eve and thats something Ive always done with Kate and of course Matilda too this year...but I wouldnt let them open a proper present!!

Excitied!!!!
xxx

My mum & dad used to do this with me.

With my wee girl we dont do it, but on xmas morning first thing she does is reads the wee note Santa has left, a very short response to the letter she wrote him & Rudolph normally leaves a wee gift too so she opens that first loool

Its funny how we all get into our wee routines that stick year after year!

:)

oh we used to do this!! Mum wuld go at stupid AM to get the food in on christmas eve and we she got back (well before we got up) she'd put everything away and we'd come down to an ace breakfast and a new set of jammies a piece laid out all pretty on the sofa then we'd spend the ENTIRE day cleaning have a bath, get our new jammies on and have like a buffet/picnic tea on the floor watching some christmasy film my dad would pull his face over because 'it was on telly the other day anyway' then we'd be allowed to open something little, like I remember the christmas eve present one year was a 'special' pair of earings for christmas day (a pair for the claires sterling silver range) and my brother got a cheap dvd to entertain him between waking up and being allowed to open anything in the morning!

Was ace, will definately be carrying this tradition on with any little baba's we eventually get =D

We were never allowed open anything till Christmas Day:(
But I'm loving the new Pj's idea for our little man and the new little lady..... Think that's going to be a new family tradition for us!
Because Christmas is during Summertime here (still haven't got used to it!)' we usually have a BBQ on Christmas Eve with some friends and family over, not sure if we will this year because hopefully, our new little madam will have arrived by then and I won't want the added hassle :)

I keep toying with the idea of going away for christmas just so i can get up and not spend any spare time the kitchens empty with my feet pressed on the glass of the cooker to warm them up butttttt i never actually do it =[[

Would love a BBQ instead of a roast one year though..... =D

my parent's never did it with us, but we got to open our presents once everyone was up :) my OH didn't have it done by his parents either, and he was made to wait until after they had eaten to open presents! BUT for some reason since me and OH have been together we've chosen one present for each other to open when we get into bed on christmas eve! not really sure how we're going to do it this year!

I keep toying with the idea of going away for christmas just so i can get up and not spend any spare time the kitchens empty with my feet pressed on the glass of the cooker to warm them up butttttt i never actually do it =[[

Usually about 30c here around Christmas so BBQ's and pool parties all the way:) takes some getting used to though and I do find myself craving cold dark wintery nights with big log fires and fairy lights everywhere!!!! I guess we're never happy with what we have :)

Usually about 30c here around Christmas so BBQ's and pool parties all the way:) takes some getting used to though and I do find myself craving cold dark wintery nights with big log fires and fairy lights everywhere!!!! I guess we're never happy with what we have :)

I might just be awkward one year and get a patio heater and light up the BBQ even though its guna be snowy just for kicks haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back