Do you let people touch your bump?

Friday was the first day anyone touched my bump. Two people in work at different times and a friend of a friend on a hen party that night. I don't have much of a bump right now and it's still quite low down so it made me very uncomfortable. I think the bigger my bump gets I won't mind coz people wouldn't be so close to my pubic bone!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

It completely depends on who it is for me! There's a lady I work with who is so sweet and kind and I don't mind her doing it at all, but then others I don't like so much.

I am really big for what I am and started showing at 12 weeks, so I think it's more shock value, I have been touched a lot! I don't really mind, I understand how fascinating a bump is!

I was in my mums house the other night and baby started kicking so I took her hand and put it on my tummy so she could feel it, I think she was a bit shocked and she said oh I didnt want to ever touch your tummy incase you didnt want me to, but she loved it and now I cant get her to stop now she just stands and talks baby talk to my tummy haha, I just thought it was strange that co-workers would put their hand on my tummy without asking but my own mum was afraid to and were super super close.
But I did find it strange people doing it before I really had a bump because there was nothing there but now theres a proper bump I dont mind

I don't mind people touching my bump. As long as its not a stranger. And I have to admit. I love touching pregnant bellies! It just brings me joy! Lol But I always ask. And I only ask if I am friends with the person. I'm not that weird to go round touching strangers! Lol

when I was pregnant - I only felt comfortable with close friends and family touching bumps! I mean you have to think, they are touching you and just feeling the baby through you! you have to be comfortable with being touched yourself - you are not depriving anyone of anything if you say no and it is your right to say no if it makes you uncomfortable ! afterall they wouldn't be touching your belly if you weren't pregnant.

I've been waiting so long for this, i'm delighting in every weird moment of people touching my tummy! Yes its totally odd that people think its suddenly ok to touch your tummy, but i'm loving it!

Friends and fam dont bother me. Strangers do. I work at a school and the kids keep trying to touch my belly and keep outting their ears to it to listen if they can hear baby lol!!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

i had people coming up to me and feeling my bump in school today after my exam :lol: xxx

I love people touching my bump and just embrace every moment. I love feeling other baby bumps too.
I can understand some people really not liking it. But I do love it! X

Oh Hell no, as my mother found out in HomeBargains a few weeks ago :rofl: she tried feeling my belly & I went bat *censored* crazy, but I don't like being touched anyway. The only people allowed to touch my belly (apart from medical professionals) are DH & DS, though DS is the only one allowed to touch my belly without asking my permission first

I was at a funeral yesterday and my friend's uncle was so excited to see a bump! It was really nice as it had been such a sad day. He asked if he could have a feel and I didn't mind. It's nice that people can be genuinely happy around a bump :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back