Bump Grabbers..

babyelmo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how you manage people who think it's ok to touch your bump uninvited? I personally really dislike it. I'm quite protective about my little bump and don't like having my middle touched anyway!

I'm going to a New Years Eve party and one of the girls going is a serial bump-grabber. I have another friend who is almost due, she just grabs her belly, saying that she knows she doesn't mind and that she feels like she's hugging the baby!!

Needless to say i'm dreading this party!!!

Does anyone else get like this or am I just being hormonal and irritable??!

I am not looking forward to having bump grabbers near me! What gives them the right to just touch me without asking!! I'm so with u on this.

Not really sure what u can do to save ur self from it on new years though xx

Omg i thought i was the only one, I hate people touching it and seem to snap " would you touch me there if i wasnt pregnant"

My mum has started doing it and it bugs me soo much, if you find a soloution let us know so we can use it later on xxx

The only one who grabs my bump is my OH's gran, she seems to think it's ok lol, tbh she is so old I don;t mind she forgets that she does it too as she has a bit of alzheimers I think ......

Not sure how you will combat new years eve, is she the sort of person you can tell to go away??? xxx

Not really, she's quite sensitive and has got quite upset when my friend gently told her that actually she does mind her touching. I'm not quite as nice though! I do find myself holding my bump a lot so i'm hoping that kind of body language will show her that it's not ok to touch!!

I totally agree with you!! A girl at work actually asked me if she Could touch my bump yesterday and when I said no she asked again thinking I was joking. I said sorry I just don't like it. It really creeps me out!! X

I don't particularly mind it if it's someone I'm quite close to. Then again nobody has really bothered touching mine except for OH's sister and a few of my friends.. didn't mind either to be honest.

Now if it was an acquaintance or a stranger - I'd be fuming!

I don't mind it either if it's family or close friends, but to be honest they probably wouldn't ask! It's when people I don't know that well just assume it's ok that I get the hump!

I don't really have a problem with it, but then the only people who have done it so far are family and close friends, and most of them have asked so no problem. The school secretary is always stroking me!! lol I think a random stranger doing it would freak me out a bit....

I don't really mind to be honest. I went out over Christmas and bumped into a lot of old friends. A lot of them already knew i was pregnant and literally touched my bump as soon as they said hello. It doesn't really bother me, i think people are somehow drawn to it. I think i've probably done it myself when other people have been pregnant. Obviously if it were a stranger in the street i'd be very creeped out, but if it's someone i know then it doesn't bother me x

It doesnt bother me in fact i quite like it ...no one ever means harm by it and its nice to know there intrested

It doesnt bother me at all, and I too, quite like it! But I think that's because some close friends of mine have recently been pregnant and would always put my hand in their bump when baby was moving so now it's my turn! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back