do you leave baby unattended when u take a shower?

Firstly, 10 minutes? dream on lol you'll master the art of showering and drying and dressing in less than 5minutes :lol:

But when bam was much smaller id put her in her bouncy chair in the bathroom,

now i have her in the bath with me, or i put he in her cot with all her toys!!!

only use that cot gets at the minute, damn teething :roll:

Stanley always stayed in his cot with some toys.

Now he's walking he comes into the bathroom with me. I have a 30 second cat-lick while he throws rubber ducks and toilet rolls at me.

It's so much fun :|

Minxy said:
Stanley always stayed in his cot with some toys.

Now he's walking he comes into the bathroom with me. I have a 30 second cat-lick while he throws rubber ducks and toilet rolls at me.

It's so much fun :|

:rotfl:

I just wait for OH to come home from work or get me Aunt to come across as she only lives across the road :)

showers are absolutely no problem. If Asher is asleep I just leave him and have my shower with the door open, if he's awake, I bring him into the bathroom with me in his bouncy chair. I call the shower 'magic shower' now, because even if he's screaming it shuts him up immediately!! I think it's the noise of the power shower that he loves!

If I'm in a worrying mood and he's asleep I might put the baby monitor on and take the parent unit into the bathroom with me.

Don't worry at all, I am a real worrier by nature and thought I'd be completely OCD when I had a baby, but actually I'm being quite laid back about everything. They're a lot tougher than we think.

K.xxx

I always used to take the baby monitor in the bathroom with me. You can't hear it but you can watch for the lights. Also babies do tend to sleep and eat so you should get a chance to shower during the day. When Isaac was really little I used to shower as often as possible because you bleed alot after giving birth.

Lou :)

When Jake was younger I used to put him in his bouncer and take him in the bathroom with me or else have a shower whilst he was asleep in his moses basket close by. Now that Jake is older I put him in his cot with some toys or else have a shower whilst he is having a nap in his cot.

laetitia85 said:
i used to think the bouncer in the bathroom was a good idea but then now i think there is too much fog and humidity when i shower (i like to use very hot water) and i'm worried it might harm the baby.

but then again i worry about everything :roll:

If it is any help, my boys have asthma and we were told to put them in the bathroom and fill the bath with water as though taking a bath.
the fog etc helps with theirbreathing so not sure it would do any damage

Shell

i just left alana in cot with her mobile on, she cant come to any harm, and they dnt notice your not there tbh

laetitia85 said:
i used to think the bouncer in the bathroom was a good idea but then now i think there is too much fog and humidity when i shower (i like to use very hot water) and i'm worried it might harm the baby.

but then again i worry about everything :roll:

I'm sure it is fine to take LO in the bathroom but if you are worried just leave the bathroom door open to let the steam out.

while he is still little why not leave your bathroom door open and pop his moses basket outide bathroom if not just keep an ear out for him - thats what i did with my 2.

When he was really small i used to put his moses basket by the door wo i could keep an eye on him. but now, after we wake up, i feed him, and then let him rest in his moses basked in our room while i jump in the shower, and hes fine, perfectly safe. I can hear if he starts crying and i just jump out quickly. If i want to bath i usually wait until he is sleeping, or even more fun i put him on his little bath support in the bath with me. Dont worry, youll get the hang of it all in no time!

these are all very good ideas, thanks ladies i'm not worried anymore.

:D

When I first had jack I used to wait until he was asleep but then I thought 'well its not like he can go anywhere' so I took the baby monitor in the bathroom with me! while he was in the moses basket. (sometimes I took him in the bathroom with me)

Even now I'm quite happy to leave him and go and have a shower, he usually comes and sees me while im showering, but I really think leaving him when he was younger, even if he started crying, helped as jack is excellent at keeping himself occupied and is very placid!

obviously make sure they are safe first!!!

i generally wait until she has a nap before going in the shower but have had one & do still sometimes and just keep them upstairs out of harms way.
I think its fine as long as they are safe

trixipaws said:
yes i leave millie but only in her cot (she can roll now so wont leave her on the bed)
i leave the baby monitor on too coz i cant hear her cry over the shower noise.

when she was really tiny i used to bring the moses basket into the bathroom! :lol:

yeh this is what i do, just put her in her cot when she falls asleep and put baby monitor in bathroom with me incase she cries, but she never wakes up tho as she usally has a good sleep when put down in her cot rather than in a bouncy chair or in arms. other than that if i feel like a bath i will wait until OH comes in and leave him in charge of kids whilst i have a good soak and pampering in the bath.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back