Baby Shower

Cherry.Glitter

Reaction score
Hello girls! I come in peace from TTC :)

My cousin is currently 20 +1 weeks pregnant and found out on Thursday that she is having a little girl. She is a little worried as she often frets over the cost of baby bits and bobs so my sister and I have decided that it would be a nice idea to throw her a baby shower! This way she can write a wish-list of moderately priced things she needs and get them as gifts for the shower.

My only problem is, as this kind of thing isn't really that big in the UK, what on earth happens at a baby shower?

Perhaps you have had/are having a baby shower, what are your plans for this?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :dance:

I went to a few last year. You usually play games such as pin the dummy on the baby (you can make this or buy online), other games are guess how big mummy to be's tummy is using a piece of string, that one is quite funny.
When I arranged my friend's shower I did a mummy to be quiz for the guests with questions such as 'what cravings has she had?' or 'what possible names does she have in mind'. Have a look online, maybe eBay for accessories. You can make a lot of the games at home for free.

Hope that helps x x

I've never been to one but you can do a baby grow design competition, buy cheap baby grows and fabric pens & everyone can design one for the baby. A nice keepsake too. Another I've heard of is melting chocolate bars & putting them in nappies and mum to be has to guess what each 'poop' is, a bit gross but fun too.
Other than that I'm not sure but google it & I'm sure they'll be loads of suggestions!
Have fun planning!

Have you tried google! Some good sites to give you game suggestions etc. Think babyshower101.com is the one my friend is using to inspire mine next week. Xxx

My mum and sisters gave me a baby shower when I was pregnant with Ava-Mai.
we had some afternoon tea, I opened baby's presents and then we did guess how big mums tummy is but everyone also guessed when baby would arrive, eye colour, hair colour, weight, time of arrival and so on.
they also wrote messages like words of wisdom for me and Jay. :)

I would look on google as there are UK websites for baby showers aswell, they seem to be getting more popular here xxx

A guest book is a lovely idea too. I did that for my friend so everyone could write best wishes and things and then she's got that to keep and look back on when baby arrives. x

Ive just been discussing baby showers with my best friend as we have to plan mine well in advance with us having to travel 300 miles for me to go to it lol (my family and best friend live in the north east and im in dorset)
Her husband has his own cocktail business (hes a mixologist) and they have offered his services for free for the day!!
We've also got ideas like design a bib, baby orientates charades, guess the size of mummys bump etc

What lovely suggestions! Thanks girls :)

I also like the idea of nappy cakes....

I got a nappy cake as a present at my baby shower :)
You can make your own or buy one, I've never tried it though I'm not very good at that sort of thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back