• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you have a fire guard?

NIE

Reaction score
Hi ladies, :wave:

I have some good news....Our little man is walking. :cheer:

The bad news is that I have had to go and buy an ugly fire guard from Argos. I know it might sound a bit late to buy one but our DS has never been one for pulling himself up, crawling or cruising around the furniture so we never needed one...until now.

I was just wondering how many of you have one as there doesn't seem to be a great choice and to be honest, they are rather ugly and stand out.

How long do you think I will need to keep it? I was thinking that I could get rid of it by this time next year.

we've got one for our open fire (which is our only source of heating at mo) but (touch wood) Matilda hasnt tried to go near the fire at mo, though she has managed to chuck part of a toy over the guard into the fire (accidently but deliberate), I am assuming you have a gas fire or something as we'll have to always have one to protect from sparks etc. sorry not much help there really was I! :(

Sorry, I should have said that my fire is just for show really. It's electric and hangs on the wall with loose white pebbles and flame effect. It's my pride and joy and cost a small fortune so I want to keep it looking good as well as protecting the little man.

It would have been a better idea if I just took it off the wall for a year or so, instead of having this big ugly guard taking up loads of space and catching dust. :(

We have a huge raised stone fireplace front with the woodburner set back in the chimney in a big fireplace. we use the playpen round it as none of the actual fireplace guards fit the dimensions of the raised bit and how far it stands out from the wall.

Iv got one. They're sooo ugly, but iv also got a raised stone fireplace front and cant risk Lovella banging her head on it, the outcome would be horrific & The corners are so sharp too. The fire itsself is just for show, id love to rip it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back