Do you have a baby breathing monitor??

First Baby White

Reaction score
Just wondered how many of you have used or will use a baby breathing monitor in your cot, I am considering getting one as I am so paranoid at night. If you have one what type, would you recommend it and how much was it?

we have got the tommee tippee one the cheaper version around £50
used it since he was a few days old but have turned the alarm off now he has turned 7 months but still use the sound bit to hear him waking up iykwim
they are really great if you do worry i never had a false alarm till he started rolling in his sleep and rolling off the mat
xx

Yup have it... n yes still use it. Its no big deal, but ill keep it on until hes out of his cot I guess... that or we move it to a new babys bed.

I found it great, gives piece of mind, especially when they are little!!

We don't have one, tbh i never even considered getting one, she slept right next to my bed for the first 3 months then her cot was in my room still until recently, i didn't feel we needed one. I always check on her lots when she sleeps but generally i know she's ok now

We have one, and I still use it. I panic about not using it still :oops: But to be honest its the only way I can sleep. Sad but true.

We have the angelcare one. :hug:

tommee tippee one -

Last edited:
i didnt have one, unless u count me as a human one :lol:

the first few months i was hyper-alert and checked her ALL the time, i woke up every time she moved etc lol.

we have 2 types one that goes under his mattress (not using at the mo as he is still in his moses basket next to me, but will put it in his cot when he gets one lol) and one that tapes onto his belly which we used all the time from 4 weeks (when he stopped breathing a couple of times) to about 3 months and then only at night till about 5 months and now only use if he has a cold.

its great as it ticks as he breathes so you can check its working fine without having to move/open your eyes :lol: and we have never had any false alarms. the other one is a baby sense one that i bought of a client of mine, i used to night nurse her baby who was on constant oxygen, and they never had a false alarm with it, it only went off when we occasionally picked her up with out turning it off first!! :wall:

We have the angelcare one which has a movement and sound sensor under the matress. I wouldn't be without it. I reckon that I have had much better sleep because of the monitor. It kind of takes soms stress away for me...knowing that if anything happens the alarm will go off.

We've had a couple of false alarms because Evie is a wriggler :roll: but it's worth it's weight in gold to me!

I've got the angel care one... from tesco direct. It's in the moses basket at the mo but will move into the cot when she does. wouldn't be without it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back