Breathing Monitors?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Has anyone got a breathing monitor and if yes how good is it. My friend said she had one but it would go off all of the time and her baby would be fine so it ws just annoying. Are they really neccessary? If you have one where did you get it and how much?

Id say try ebay or babies r us. Not everyone needs them, i never used them with my 2. My brother did with his son but they got theres free from the nhs because their son was born premature on life support and then had pneumonia so the docs thought it was best for them to have one. I think its only if the child is born ill, or you have had previous cot deaths. Though if it is something you want to have to ease your mind then go ahead (and let us all know how much they are!) :wink:

I have one for Finn,it's an angel care one and I got it off the Kiddicare site,I think it cost £45.It's basically a mat that fits under the matress and senses even the slightest movement.If no movement is felt for 20 seconds,an alarm goes off.
Mine has gone of once,and it scared the sh@t out of me,I burst into his room to find him fast asleep,and totally unaware of what had happened!
But it does give me that piece of mind.The worse things about it are it's not really mobile,and for the first few weeks I was constantly listening out for it just in case it went off.I am better about it now though.
When I went to the Baby show there was one that I was interested in that was mobile,it just clips onto their nappy,it was called buzzi respisense I think,this was £70,but as I said I have found the Angel Care one to be fine :D

i have the tommee tipee one and i think its great cause whenever he breaths the little light flashes or if i want i can put it so i hear a click noise whever he breaths, and if there is no movement for 20 seconds an alarm will sound, its never gone off accidentally yet n gives me peace of mind...

cassi said:
i have the tommee tipee one and i think its great cause whenever he breaths the little light flashes or if i want i can put it so i hear a click noise whever he breaths, and if there is no movement for 20 seconds an alarm will sound, its never gone off accidentally yet n gives me peace of mind...

ive got the same and i love it!

hev&madi said:
cassi said:

ive got the same and i love it!

I have the same and it's never gone off by accident. Has been Damien's saviour with his breathing and will buy another one for the new baby just incase she end's up with apnoea like her brother.

They are grat for peace of mind though even if you're baby hasn't had any probems breathing. I turn the 'clicks' off though, drives you up the wall if they are in the same room with you for 9 months :lol:

As I said in your other thread Gemz the Tommee Tippee is fab! i love the clicking sounds as i can hear them from my room next door, I think Leorah like the sounds too, they help her sleep!

I even put Leorah on her tummy after her feed in the early hours of the morning as the other day she started screaming and I rushed in and she had sick all over her face, proper sick not fluid milk and now I'm scared of her choking in her sleep. See we all have something to worry about all the time! :)

do you know how much the tommie tippee ones are and the best place to get them? i am interested in getting one also. paranoid already and it wakes me in the night now thinking about it and my little man isn't even born yet!!

rusks tommee tippee do a digital one thats about £100 (but keep on eye out for special offers we got ours for £80 in mothercare sale) and they also do a non digital one thats £50 - blooming lot brought it out after we got ours or we would have been happy with that one :roll:

wouldnt be without mine. yes we have false alarms esp. if alex is having a restless night and fidgeting about too much as he keeps going right down or up the cot. personally i would rather have false alarms than not have it at all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks em i will keep my eyes open for those special offers. :wave:

gotmine in argos too..think it was £65 though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back