Do you give a monkeys about...

lou said:
I voted recycle and walk.

though not usually at the same time :D

You know that freecycle thing that councils have on their website? Well theres a woman who used to come to playgroup who gets stuff off it and sells it on ebay! What a cheeky cow! I told her I thought it was wrong and not what its there for :roll: some people :roll:

thats terrible :x I use freecycle a lot, mainly to get rid of stuff though the only thing ive got from it is a printer. Its about keeping things out of the rubbish tips and instead passing them on to someone who can make good use of it, which I suppose shes doing in a way, but I bet the person who buys the stuff off her isnt going to know its from freecycle and will eventually throw it away, so it ends up on the tip anyway!!! Totally unacceptable.

If you know her name you can always tell freecycle what shes doing, I know I would!

glitzyglamgirl said:
lou said:
I voted recycle and walk.

though not usually at the same time :D

You know that freecycle thing that councils have on their website? Well theres a woman who used to come to playgroup who gets stuff off it and sells it on ebay! What a cheeky cow! I told her I thought it was wrong and not what its there for :roll: some people :roll:

thats terrible :x I use freecycle a lot, mainly to get rid of stuff though the only thing ive got from it is a printer. Its about keeping things out of the rubbish tips and instead passing them on to someone who can make good use of it, which I suppose shes doing in a way, but I bet the person who buys the stuff off her isnt going to know its from freecycle and will eventually throw it away, so it ends up on the tip anyway!!! Totally unacceptable.

If you know her name you can always tell freecycle what shes doing, I know I would!

Yeah I dont know her last name though. She doesnt come to playgroup anymore. Its like the people you see at the clothes banks helping themselves to stuff and people rummaging through the bags left outside charity shops. Bet it all ends up on ebay :roll:

Our freecycle scheme (or realcycle as its called) do permit people taking items on and selling them for profit, they just ask that the taker declare it to the giver

i am little scepitical (sp) of how much damage we are actually doing.
There have been i think 3 ice age periods...all of which sperated by an interglacier period so obviously the planet has been alot colder and alot warmer than it is today seen as though we are still technicaclly in a glacial period and not yet reached the next interglacial period. The earth's orbit has everything to do with this too...changing from eliptical to pretty much cicular over thousands and thousands of years.
Yes i dont think we are helping the situation but eventually its gonna happen anyway.
Saying that though i do recycle, lee more so than me. I have noticed a difference between councils though too...here in leeds we have one green bin and thats it. In rotherham they can recycle a whole lot more things...the have a green and a blue bin.
My parents also have a compost bin too. I do drive alot but never to go to the local shop. Lee drives everywhere in his 2 litre fuel guzzler lol.

I also think that climate change is going to happen whatever we do, but our actions are speeding up the process....which cant be denied is a bad thing...if we wernt speeding it up it would be hundreds of years, perhaps more, before it happened which would give the human race plenty of time to advance enough to be able to survive it. The best we can hope for now is to slow it down a little and hope we are strong, adaptable and clever enough to see the human race through it. Fact is we survived it once in our history.....just.....but we hadnt got so dependant on luxuries then as we had only just begun to settle and build communities. :think:

Craig said:
erm... i use the recycle wheely bins if that counts for much? paper, plastic, glass etc :lol:

But you are trying, little things help

glitzyglamgirl said:
I also think that climate change is going to happen whatever we do, but our actions are speeding up the process....which cant be denied is a bad thing...if we wernt speeding it up it would be hundreds of years, perhaps more, before it happened which would give the human race plenty of time to advance enough to be able to survive it. The best we can hope for now is to slow it down a little and hope we are strong, adaptable and clever enough to see the human race through it. Fact is we survived it once in our history.....just.....but we hadnt got so dependant on luxuries then as we had only just begun to settle and build communities. :think:

oh yeah i totally agree that were not helping matters by speeding it up. it jst seems that we are getting too much blame when its inevitable :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back