Do we still do monthly weight loss targets? I need help.

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hi there!

I saw monthly weight loss threads when I was pregnant and thought they looked like a great idea. I am no longer pregnant and I could really do with some help.

I am and (almost) always have been a very big lass (size 24/6). I managed to loose lots of weight through sensible eating and exercise after I left uni and was a size 16, but in the last 10 years, the weight has crept up and up. When I got pregnant I ate really sensibly and actually lost 2 stone by the end of the pregnancy, but I am still a big girl.

Today I was out in town with my OH and baby when a car full of lads drove past with the windows open and started hurling abuse at me :( :( . I was devasted, angry, embarrassed and heartbroken.
I was cross because these people know nothing about me. I am not some slob that sits in front of the TV all day eating McDonalds as The Sun would have you believe all fat people do. I am a hard worker. I don't like fast food (apart from chips :oops: ) and until the birth of my baby I worked full-time as a teacher and did vountary work with disabled adults in my spare time. (I am not saying I am not to blame for my shape - I do eat too much, but I am not a bad person!)

I was embarrassed that my OH heard these comments. Poor bloke being stuck with me! Bless him, he was very sweet about it. I was just glad April wasn't of an age where she could have understood it. But I need to loose weight now, for me and for April.

I want to able to run around after her and set her a good example. I don't want her to have my weight problems. I also don't want he to be teased for having a fat mum or for her to hear people shouting abuse at her mum. I am in tears writing this, I feel so ashamed.

Basically I need some hugs in the short term - but I need support and encouragement in the long term. So is the monthly targets still going? I want to try and loose 7 -10 lb this month.

Michelle
xx

Hi hun!

Sorry you had to experience something like this! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was bullied for being a big girl all my life since i remember myself (basically from nursery).

When I was in school i learned not to pay attention and my confidence grew.

I was sort of ok with my body until Daniel's birth.... Now Im not ok anymore :( I am on a diet now and doing ok (lost just over the stone now) but I want to loose another 4 until next summer :)

Have a look here.

This is a post I made a while ago

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=72678

Fell free to join hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Carina said:
Hi hun!

I was bullied for being a big girl all my life since i remember myself (basically from nursery).

I was sort of ok with my body until Daniel's birth.... Now Im not ok anymore :( I am on a diet now and doing ok (lost just over the stone now) but I want to loose another 4 until next summer :)

Have a look here.

Thank you so much for replying :hug: :hug:
I will go and look at this thread now :cheer:

Hi hun!

Have a look here.

Carina said:
Hi hun!

Have a look here.

Thank you so much for replying :hug: :hug:
I will go and look at this thread now :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads