Do I have to go over due?

maldives

Reaction score
Everyone is telling me that I have a great chance of being over due as it's my first baby!! :shock: is there a link between having a first baby and being overdue?
what r ur expereincies?

thanks for replying,
i can't imagine my self going overdue I feel bad being huge and tired all the time.

my first came 19 days early and my second was 8 days late, so i have no idea as to when this may come

Its not an exact science working from your LMP anyways, so a due date is really only an educated guesstimate so to speak. Apparently only about 30% (IIRC, am happy to be corrected if the number is different to what I recall) of first time babies arrive on their due date, the rest before or after.

40 weeks is the time frame these days but anything after 37 weeks is considered to term. And up to 42 weeks before you are overdue and it becomes a cause for concern. So you have a 5 week window to go with and delivering on your due date may or may not happen :)

Hopefully I explained that well :lol:

my first was 15 days late and induced and 2nd was week early

Sherry - I heard it was only 5% of babies come on their due date (but that was babies rather than first babies, probably...)

Mine is SO being evicted early :twisted:

debecca said:
Sherry - I heard it was only 5% of babies come on their due date (but that was babies rather than first babies, probably...)

Mine is SO being evicted early :twisted:

lol it probably is only 5%. For some reason I had 30% but chances are it is way less :lol: Its certainly not many.

My parents think the word 'evict' is a great one for our LO's being born :lol: My mother was laughing when I used it the other day.

You'll have to imagine the Geordie accent for this to work properly, so maybe Sarah can read it for us...

"Dee 241 in the Big Momma hoos! Green Bean is up for eviction this week after Monster_Munch nominated her in the deeery room"

debecca said:
You'll have to imagine the Geordie accent for this to work properly, so maybe Sarah can read it for us...

"Dee 241 in the Big Momma hoos! Green Bean is up for eviction this week after Monster_Munch nominated her in the deeery room"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

debecca said:

Hehehe roflcopters :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah I hope you don't have my luck, my daughter was born exactly 2 weeks over and that was after being induced and then having an emergency section! Talk about being evicted, she wasn't moving from her comfy little world without some encouragement!

im 2 days overdue....and its doing my head in
We have tried everything from threatening to bribing with toys - he just wont budge :x

My first was 2 weeks early. First babies do seem to be more commonly late though unfortunately :(

my first was born at 34 weeks , and i know im never gonna go overdue with future babes either :lol:

First was 10 days late (would have been longer but i was induced)

2nd was 5 days late

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back