happy to go to due date!

hennaly

Reaction score
I know there are lots of you that hit 37 weeks and want baby out feeling you are full term but i wondered if im alone in wanting to go to my due date, i dont really want to go too far over but i feel baby isnt ready untill then, i had one of my daughters 2 weeks early (they told me i was 2 weeks over but i know they were wrong) and i felt she wasnt cooked properly, i had more problems with her feeding and just prefered having them at due date or over.
I have never seen 37 weeks as full term but 40 weeks is and really just dont want baby early.

to be fair as this is my first I really don't know the difference between 37 weeks and 40 weeks in terms of their development. I really just want the best for my little boy.. if its best for him then I'd rather wait til 40 weeks!

I must admit I am getting quite impatient but I'd rather wait longer if its better for him in the long run :D

^ yeah, i agree. i think it's a bit different with your first.
i have always classed full term as 40 weeks, but i know people who have told me i'm over-due now at 38!

No I agree Henn, Im in no rush to get this bubs out (as much as I wanna meet him/her)
They come when they are ready, and stressing about it isnt going to help me!
I see 40 weeks as full term too, yes it will be a pain if I go to 42, but I know this baby is coming out in the next 4 weeks and that fine by me, as long as its healthy! :shakehead: :D

i have always classed 40 weeks and over as full term, my 2nd and 3rd were 2 weeks early and did'nt feed very well to begin with but my 1st and 4th were late and fed really well.
i don't mind going to my due date this time even though im in pain with the spd ect. also 2-3 weeks early will be xmas day and i want my xmas dinner first lol

I'm sure i'll get to 37 weeks and feel ready for this baby to come out and i'm even saying to it any time in the new year as i feel that would be 'safe' then but my original due date going off my last period was the 14th feb so even though they brought me forward a tiny bit i'd love it to be the 14th (wishful thinking i know).

I was more than happy to go to my due date as i didnt even realise 37 weeks was full term until i was on here. HOWEVER.. being overdue and seeing everyone else progressing nicely is doing my head in! (in a nice way as im glad for you ladies)

I feel like i will never give birth!

I'm happy to go to due date too - in fact I'd quite like to go a bit overdue (for selfish reasons as I'd prefer her to have a January birthday but I also don't want to be induced!)

I've always said she'll come when she's good and ready and I'm more than happy to leave it that way.

At the stage i am now, im comfortable and in no rush by any means. im exited and cant wait to meet her, but would prefer a full term baby asin (39-41wks) like DD was (3 days overdue) the only concern have is that im scared i will have to be induced again as im planning a home birth. DD was breech the entire pregnancy then got tangled in her cord when turning head down (i refused a c-section at 37weeks as i felt she wasnt ready yet and she would come in her own time) then ended up having to get her out by induction because her heartrate was dropping at 40+3.
in 5 days my midwifes are happy to deliver at home, and thats my goal.
i wouldnt mind her coming anytime shes ready after then, even if im waiting upto my due date :)

I was really impatient with my 2nd as I had my first induced at 36 weeks due to pre-eclampsia so when I went overdue by 5 days with my second I was really fed up and was soooo uncomfortable.

But with my third, I was quite happy for her to stay in as long as possible as she was due right at the start of the new school year (6th Sept) and I wanted my oldest to settle back into school before the upheaval of a new baby. Also, I knew how little sleep I was going to get and how hard it was going to be so was quite content for her to stay put! All selfish reasons, I know. She arrived at 40+5.

This time around I am in no rush for my little man to make his appearance! Although I know I will be uncomfortable by 40 weeks, I am a little scared about coping with 4 kids! Selfish reason again I'm afraid! My only concern is that I know he is growing very fast and my third daughter got stuck on the way out (she was 10lb, had a HC of 38cm and shoulders were 40cm). I don't want him getting too big!

DD was well overdue (40+13 eventually!) so I'm keeping my eyes on the 40 week stage and while I've been told this time the max I'll go over is 7 days (due to previous section) I'm happy to wait till 40+7 for me more signifies a "safety" stage much like 24 weeks.

Last edited:
I am happy to go to due date as i want him to be cooked enough and ready to face the world, i am just impatient and i like things now, this is my first and i am sooooo excited i cant wait to be a mommy and look after my little boy :D

I am impatient too! But i also didnt realise 37 weeks is full term till i came on here so if i hadnt have known i would be worrying about having him now rather than in a couple of weeks. I dont mind (just want him healthy) but would really rather not go past my due date!

I have always seen 40 weeks as full term too! With my first I wanted to be a little late as I was scared that he would be poorly if born earlier lol!

I think i only got impatient when i hit 39 weeks, i knew my due date was pretty accurate by my LMP so i never really expected her to be early. Having said that i was certainly not ready for her to be 1 week late either.

When we have another i think i'll be the same, any time before 39 weeks i wont want them as i'd be too worried aobut feeding etc, but i#ll hate being over due. My baby was over cooked when she came out, but she fed really well and there wasn't an issue. I think i'd rather have those extra few stretchers and that extra week with Dave then have had her early

However i was ready for baby to appear after 37 weeks, just in case, i like to prepare, only problem was having nothing to do for 4 weeks afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back