dissapointed :-(

netty

Reaction score
well had my long awaited midwife appt today.......totally shit, just filled out some forms she took 5 viles of blood didnt even take my urine even though i kept my wee in all fecking day...she forgot then at the end she hands me a little tube to pee in cliaming it was too hot to keep the appt running any longer. I am sketchy on my period dates so really wanted confirmation so i could settle she didnt give a crap.

So I am cranky, and couldnt give two hoots about my bloody bounty pack, she asked about my history and gave me a dissaproving look about my abortion 7 YEARS AGO and I used to be a drug addict and have been clean for 3 years now....got a frown for that too well sorry for sorting my f**king life outf and cleaning myself up i really dont even have the swear words to justify how pissed I am right now :-(

Just needed to rant i am going away to have a cry now and some ben and jerrys!

Ahh hun thats not good :(

Well done on getting clean she should in no way be judgemental about that fact!!! Dunno where they get people like this from!!

The best way to be more sure on dates etc would be your dating scan at 12 weeks!! :) hope you get your answers xx

It's amazing how judgemental some midwives can be! They (hopefully) won't all be that way hun x

Aww hun so sorry to hear you had such a cow , Hopefully you wont have to see her again and get someone nice next time

I fessed up so my drug past and the midwife she said no worries at least you have up fair play and was so nice about it they have no right to judge you her job is to make you feel cared for and informed about your pregnancy ohhh people like that make me mad try not to let it upset you too much shes not worth it chick

Is everyone truthful to their mw about their past?? I mean stuff you did as a teenager for example i.e. over 10 years ago? x

Ah sorry to hear your appointment went crappy, well you can hold your head up high because you told her the truth! Don't worry about the warm pee I was handed my pot back and told to re use it for next time! Nice! Hugs xxx

Oh thats horrible it will have made me mad aswell

Thanks everyone, i have calmed down a bit now lol. She asked me about drug history and with it only being 3 years ago i thought nothing of telling her, it is nothing I am ashamed of. I wasn't a crack/smackhead or anything geez i just dabbled wildly and copiuously for a good 2-3 years straight. She was just a cranky old hag I will be seeing a combo of 3 midwifes ( dont even get the same one pfft ) over my pregnancy but I am seeing if i can register at S****horpe and have my mum as my midwife

Ice cream is the perfect feel good food and you definately derserved it after that, how dare she judge you when you were totally open and honest with her.

Aww... it really does annoy me how some medical staff can be so judgemental and misinformed about things. Really hope you can see a different mw next time as it doesn't sound like this one is doing her job properly. Your 12 week scan will be much more informative and will get you the exact dates you need! :) Good luck!

the ben and jerrys sorted me right out :) and a big bowl of strawberries and cream and a bit of a cry, i will ask for someone else next time. I thought it was the right thing being honest, this is the first time i have had a baby and i need to know if my past doings could affect my pregnancy I dont know do i. I will stick to you ladies in future screw my poopy midwife lol. WHo better to ask than mothers themselves, she looked so sour i doubt she's had any action in a long time

you keep being honest, id be proud to tell ppl that if i were u, its an achievemant to sort your life out like that and an awful decision to have to make as a teen. it shows your strong and can overcome anything, including bitchy cow midwives lol. gl getting to have your mum as i think that would be awesome!

Huni that us just soooooooo mean!! Just remember how happy u were at that bfp and keep that thought in ur head!! Think.... Baby baker!! That always makes me smile

Everyone has a past... The key word is past! Uve sorted urself out n yr prob more stronger n streetwise than ever xxx

unfortunately some nurses are like that, especially the general health ones!! but we are not all like that trust me!!
its a shame that general nurses don't work in a more holistic way, if i where you id tell her to knob off! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back