Disposables or Cloth? What our you going to use?

There may be a Real Nappy Campaign in your area that would let you see them. I got a tailored advice thing done by the Nappy Lady - it was free, no obligation and because I told them where I heard about them I get 5% off :cheer: It was a personal response from a real person who took all my situations into account (no tumble drier, hatred of velcro). Something odd but very good was that the advisor tried to get me the most cost effective way of doing things. I don't know how much this would help you out - having no tumble drier vastly reduces the sensible options so in a way made things easier for us.

kalia and daftscotlass, where abouts in the country are you both? i'm in the lanarkshire area, and after a quick look, i don't see anything on our councils site about the nappy campaigns.. :roll:

i don't have any experience of reusable nappies but would defo consider them. how do you get in contact with a 'nappy person,' because i would need to know all the 'ins and outs' so to speak, first?

hmm found some information about the 'real nappy campaign,' but they don't seem to offer any help, laundering services etc..

We use Nature BAby care disposables (eco friendly no chemicals in them) same price (actually little bit cheaper) as Pampers and available from Boots/some TESCOs. We are going to look into "real" nappies in next few weeks as there are real nappie fairs once a month locally. We will investigate as they give you samples of real nappy packages and then make a decision. If we think real nappies are not for us we will stick to the nature babycare nappies and won;t beat ourselves up too much! At least they are eco friendly so better than some other disposables.

We have found the nature baby care nappies very good. A couple of leaks (when Imogen has had a BIG wee or poo) but I know babies who have had this with big brand names too...

I think it's a case of do what works for you and your baby. x

I will be using disposables. I hardly ever get the chance to put washing out to dry up here so if I used cloth nappies my tumble dryer would be on constantly, so probably wouldn't be much more beneficial cost or environment wise.

I also remember the smell of the nappy bucket when my little brother was a baby (my mum only used cloth nappies for cheapness). It absolutely stunk! :puke:

im using cloth for this baby.

some one mentioned their LO's bum was red raw, have you tried wool or fleece wraps as they allow their skin to breath and some of the moisture to evaporate.

im a huge fan of motherease as they seem to be bomb proof, but i really like nature babies wraps as well as the motherease airflow wraps. i avoid velco as it ruins the other nappies in the wash :evil:

im going to be naughty whilst im in hopistal in the first days and use tesco nappies, but once were home and meconium stage has passed i will start the cloth.

i dont find them any harder to put on baby once you got the hang of it. and if you dont have a drier, you could always buy more nappies :rotfl: they do look cute hanging every where to dry.

my neighbour uses disspoables and she recons half her wheelie bin is just nappies by the time its collected! thats shocking.. i rather have my washing machine on once a day washing nappies then putting a wheelie bin of nappies into a landfill. plus if you use ecover or bio-d then your not using any chemicals.

sorry to waffle, i could chat nappies all day :rotfl:

we are undecided on this one
i want to try washables but hubby wants to use disposable ones

i voted cloth.. think going to get little lambs was thinking of birth to potty pack but may only get birth pack as they may no suit LO's bum.. ahhhh.. don't like the thought of all them chemicals next to my baby going to use reusable wipes too :) xx

Both for me - disposables if I am out and about and for the 1st week or so. I am using Nature ones that are biodegradable.

Cloth ones I am using will be the Little Lamb ones - just ordered a trial pack of the mircofibre ones to see what they are like.

Disposables all the way for me. I am NO DOMESTIC GODDESS!

daftscotslass said:
Nature Boy & Girl is a brand of eco-friendly nappies (they only take 6 years to decompose as opposed to 100 years for a regular disposable) and there's lots of reviews online. They don't seem to be more expensive than the likes of Pampers. Has anyone on here used them? We might go for them to start before we invest in a bunch of reusables the wrong size!

My mum uses them on my nephew when he stays at hers and they are great - really absorbant at night (more so than the huggies his mum puts him in)

I bought a newborn pack so going to see how they are - Sainsburys doesn't sell the smaller sizes but Boots does ;)

I voted disposable but i am considering the cloth alternative, maybe as the baby gets a little older - i.e. disposables until i'm used to having a baby!!
I'll try and get the eco ones for environmental reasons.

Oh I haven't voted cos there isn't a both option :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back