Disposable Knickers?

nori

Reaction score
Hi mums,

Did you go for the disposable knickers for after labour or did you just buy some cheap cotton ones? I have a couple of packs of cheap cotton ones but tried a pair on today and they are getting a little snug. That'll teach me for being so damn organised! Im thinking of getting some disposable ones from mothercare today.. what do you reakon?

Claire x

I bought disposable ones for the 1st few days, then used old knickers for the next few weeks.

Waste of money, IMO. You can get a packet of giant cheap pairs in tesco for a quid and they are well comfier than the disposable ones (which cost more than the cotton ones). Not something I'd bother with.

I've been wondering the same thing. I must have stood for 10 mins in Mothercare yesterday umming and ahhing whether to get the disposables or just buy a packet of ASDA cheapies...

I still haven't made my mind up but I'll have to soon so I can get my bag packed!!

I bought cheap cotton ones, but even that was pointless. There actually wasn't much bleeding and I just wore my normal underwear. It was more comfortable.

I bought a pack of cheapies from Asda. I only ruined one pair of them though as bleeding was nowhere near as bad as I expected.

I bought cheap ones - tried on the disposables which were horrid. I didn't ruin any but I would recommend you get the big granny knickers as they will go over any c-sec scar, and the hold the maternity pads. My normal knickers (thong) wouldn't have been any good.

I used the Mothercare mini-briefs that I was using during pregnancy :D

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

I was thinking that they wouldn't be big enough to hold huge maternity pads in place but they were great!
Much better than the disposable knickers... I bought one pack and put them straight away in the bin after trying on one... that was so uncomfy that I couldn't stand it :twisted:

Disposables are very uncomfortable in my opnion. I did have some, but even the midwife laughed as she saw me wearing them during early labour!

I ended up using my own knickers but bought some nice new ones to cheer myself up after everything had settled down. It seemed daft to buy ones to go in the bin when I could buy nice ones to keep (ifygwim) :D

i had to cut the elastic on the disposal ones as they where stupidly tight. i really didn't find them at all comfy.

This time around im going to get cheap cotton knickers.

I had disposables and thought they were great lol! I got some this time again from either Tesco or Babies R Us? Cant remember?!
They were the same price as the cheap knickers from Tesco but I guess I would just feel better chucking away disposable ones?!

i bought some cheapo cotton ones but wish i'd just used mine..my arse got bigger during pregnancy so my normal kegs were falling down a couple of weeks after i had her so were useless anyway

I just bought cottn ones in a bigger size last time. I didn't think I'd thrown many pairs away but went looking for them the other day & couldn't find them so I'll be buying some more.

Well i went and bought a mixture.. just got a pack of disposables as they were only £2 odd and some cheap ones from primark. I did buy some plain ones from mothercare which sit under the bump (£5 for 5 pairs) and they are soo comfy. Ive been wearing my normal knickers up until now.. Its all about comfort from now on!

Claire x

WOW! IVE JUST NOTICED IM ON MY LAST BABY!!! HORRAY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back