another cloth nappy question!

Kylie1007

Reaction score
I was just wondering about cloth nappies again.... I do want to use them and I know that the initial outlay for a birth to potty pack is expensive - £250 ish - but that they're far cheaper in the long run.

Anyway, my question is for mums who use cloth nappies...before you had your babies, did you buy the nappies in preparation or afterwards? Or did you buy trial packs or just go for one brand.

I can see that with disposable nappies, trial and error is how you find the nappy that suits you but with washable ones it's a lot more expensive if you don't get on with one particular brand - even with the trial packs at a tenner a piece!

I started buying after Stanley's birth, and only bought one or two of each brand/type at a time to build up our collection of ones that suited.

It IS trial and error, and I'm glad I didn't shell out of a complete pack only to find they didn't suit Stanley's needs. A lot of people do this successfully though.

I sold on those we didn't like, making 50-75% back so no real harm done.

Lots of health authorities have a cloth 'library' where you can borrow some to see how you get on, our you can contact a local nappy advisor who'll bring lots round for you to look at pre or post birth :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back