Difference between spotting & light period?

kizzibea

Reaction score
This is one of those things I always wonder about during AF, then promptly forget about as soon as it's gone, but I'm trying to keep a record of everything so thought I should ask.

Yesterday my period was really light - only used two/three pads all day because there were only little marks when I wiped. When I've had this mid-cycle, I've classed it as spotting.

Today I'm on my second pad and there was more stuff on the pad but nothing when I wiped. Would that be a light period or shall I still call it spotting?

I know it doesn't really matter in the long run, but I just want to know for the sake of my little journal. :rolleyes:

This is also turning out to be a really weird period. Started with a medium day with really bad cramps, then got really heavy with really bad cramps, then light with a little bit of cramping, and now two days of spotting/really light AF. Normally I run to about six days and sometimes even longer!

It's like my body can't make up its mind.

It sounds like a period to me :(

It gets pretty confusing because a period is one thing, spotting is another thing and implantation bleeding is totally something else :shock:

Implantation bleeding is nothing - a smudge of pink/brown discharge.

Spotting is a bit heavier, definate colour to it but still minimal and can happen due to hormones, your cervix length and shape might make it more likely and things like sex can cause it.

A period is a constant flow for any length of time.

Sorry :hug: How early is it?

This is definitely a period. I'm just trying to classify each day so I've got it for reference next cycle. :) Just got reminded of it when filling in my chart on Fertility Friend. I've classified the last two days as spotting but then thought 'perhaps I should just call it light period instead'.

I suppose it's kind of relative to the person at the end of the day, what I call heavy flow might be someone elses medium and someone elses light. :)

At least it seems to have been a relatively short one this month which means we get a bit more time for :bd: this month. ;)

Trust me, this is about the only thing in my whole life that is organised. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back