Dietitian appt

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
We're seeing the Dietitian on Tuesday about Isla's slow weight gain and cows milk protein allergy.

I've written down a few questions but wondered if anyone else has seen a Dietitian and what I should ask...need to make the most of the time we have!

What does she weigh now? I remember that our girls share the same birthday?

As for questions, ask about allergies or inability to absorb the essential nutrients from the food. Im not sure but I think that there are some digestive conditions that causes the body not to be very efficient at absorbing what we need. Ask if it is possible/advisable to give Isla vitamin supplements?

Hope your appt goes well and you get the answers and help you need.

How is Isla gettin on now? good luck for your appointment.
i would ask when you need to reintroduce dairy and how? as its quite tricky as Im now finding out! like stunned said id also ask about vitamins as they've now prescribed them to Tegan as her milk intake is half what it should be xx

Yes I'd ask about introducing dairy and if you need any dairy free weaning advice. Also about the vitamin supplements if she isn't having enough milk. Can't think of anything else, good luck xxx

Thanks for responses. I'll ask about vitamin supplements.

I'm feeling nervous about it - mainly because she'll be weighed - always makes me nervous! She hasn't been weighed for almost 4 weeks and I'm so hoping that she's gained well.

Good luck, hope she's gained weight and they give some advice.

Im sure she'll of gained plenty, let us know how you get on xx

The appt went really well. Isla now weighs 14lb 1oz so has put on a 1lb in just over 3 weeks (pretty good going for her!) and has crept up to just above the 9th centile.

The Dietitian was really nice and gave us loads of info about milk-free foods etc.
She recommended that Isla moves onto Aptamil Pepti 2 (follow on milk).

I asked about vitamin supplements but she said she didn't feel like Isla needs them at the moment as she normally has over 15oz a day.

Going back in August to see how she's doing but have now got the Dietitian's number so I can contact her anytime with any queries etc.

Feels good to have a bit of support (apart from you guys on here of course!).

So pleased it went well Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back