Dietician?

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Got home to a letter from the hospital telling me they had booked me in to see a dietician. Is this normal or is it because they found something bad in my GTT test? Its not because i've been putting on too much weight as I've only been weighed once at the beginning and never since :think:
I thought I ate quite healthily so bit concerned now.

Not a clue honey, didnt wanna read and run.

I havnt been to see one but then again i never had a GTT.

I wouldnt worry about it though, if you've made an effort to eat healthily then i'm sure you are. :hug:

How strange. Did the midwife say she was going to refer you??

I got referred to a dietician when having fertility treatment as put a lot of weight but I asked for the referral. She couldn't tell me anything I didn't know and didn't believe me that I was a vegan :wall: . I actually ended having an argument with her at the appointment and told her she didn't have to be a rocket scientist to do her job :doh: . We came to an agreement that there wasn't much point in me going back to see her as there was a slight personality clash :lol: .

if you have recently had a GTT and not had results it may well be they found some thing and need to discuss food you should and shouldnt eat to control your sugar levels

No idea....did you ever mention anything in previous appointments? I say this because I had a letter through to attend the physio workshop after telling mw about some hip pain a while back. I'd completely forgotten I mentioned it.

(not suggesting you are equally brain sieved though!)

xx

I can't think that i said anything to anyone and I didn't think I'd put on excessive amounts of weight but then again I don't weigh myself and the midwives haven't either. My midwife didn't say anything about referring me, the only thing I've mentioned to her is the rib pain.
Hmmm, guess its another afternoon out of the office, just hope its nothing too serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back