Hospital appointment today..... **UPDATED**

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey ladies as some of you may know my GTT came back high and they have also found out that i am anemic so i have to have more check ups and what not.

Well today is my first hospital appointment and not to sure what to expect to be honest. They have said to go with a full bladder as i may need a scan and that my appointment will take about an hour and a half.
When i got my results back from the GTT they said that i would need to have a consultant and also see an Obstetrician and maybe a dietician aswell. Sounds like its going to be a long day lol. Just read the letter that i recieved and it says that i will probably need to see a doctor and a midwfe whilst there too... WOW im defo in for a busy day lol.

Amy xx

UPDATE>>

Only just got back from hospital

Well ladies it turns our i have gestational diabetes, I have to check my blood sugar levels 8 times a day and record them by doing a finger prick test. Have been givin all the equipment to do this and have to go back next Tuesday to have a check up and have a scan..

They have said i will be lucky if they let me go past my due date as they very rarely let you when you have gestational diabetes and depending on how i get on i may have to give birth earlier, She also said i might have a baby by christmas lol. (scary).

xx

Last edited:
Wow yeah you may well get another scan :cheer: it's great that they are taking good care of you so just enjoy it and take it easy. xx

Yeah thats what alot of people have said... At least there keeping an eye on me and not fobbing me off lol.

I am glad to see your ok now Princess :).... Quick question for you tho.. When you got your babys weight in hospital what was it if you dont mind me asking :)

Thanks xx

:( sorry to hear about the diabetes hun!! Just look after yourself and look forward to having a baby for christmas xx

Thanks hunni.. You never know things may be fine and i will be allowed to let nature take its course.. Might be wishful thinking too lol

xx

glad they r taking care of u hun and what a good xmas bonus u may get !!!!! xxxx

Sorry to hear your news hun :hug: Hope you're ok.x

Hey hun, feel for you, I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes too, been put on metphormin for it, they also told me they wont let me go over 39 weeks, which means our bump will be here for Xmas too. If you need any advice/ chat about diet etc.. my mum has been diabetic since she was 15 months old so I wasnt surprised that I developed this. Mums been a godsend with diet advice etc.. and also getting the hang of the testing kit. Hope your ok, :hugs: and on the plus side it should go after your LO is here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back