Mmm letter from docs today

TORino

Reaction score
I've had a letter from the docs saying I have to have more blood tests after the ones I had last week.

I'm a bit concerned now. They want to test me for B12, folate, LFT and TFT not too sure what that means in itself. The last tests I had were for anaemia I thought.

The letter does say not to be concerned mind. Easier said than done though!

If they are anything like mine then it is probably because they have lost your old ones!! It is annoying that they dont explain more coz you are naturally going to be worried!!
xxxx

Liver function and thyroid.... Has your iron been low? Ring them in the morning and ask them hunny. Hope it's all ok xxxxxxxxx

LFT - Liver function test, TFT - Thyroid. Have you had anything in your urine recently?

Not as far as I'm aware? Midwife didn't say anything. I'm not sure what they tested the blood for last week.

I hope there is nothing wrong :(

Not looking forward to having these done because they butchered me last time.

i still have a bruise from having my bloods done 2 weeks ago! im sure its nothing and they probably have misplaced one of the vials of blood they took xx

Fx for you. Would be easier if they explained themselves a bit more. x

They lost half of my booking in bloods and I had to have them done again...at 28 weeks lol. Bit late really but there you go.

They never explain anything in letters which really annoys me xxxxxxxx

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow. Wish I'd got home a bit earlier this evening now because I'll be stewing over it.

I'm confused why I have to have a liver and thyroid test unless they think something is wrong. I've just looked in my notes and at the 28 week appointment they test you for anaemia, antibodies and diabetes.

could be just that your iron levels are a bit low chick....have you been feeling tired and a bit pale? x

I didn't think I was doing too badly really, but then again I don't really know what is normal lol. I guessed I would feel a bit tired lugging around an extra 2 stone and a wriggling baby.

Hopefully they have just lost my sample or something or it's something that is easily treatable.

it'll be fine hon im sure...if it was anything serious they would have rang you and had you in by now....xx

Fx hon, I'm sure everything is fine but these things are worrying when they don't explain why... xxxxx

they generally take bloods at 28 weeks its routine, but i have friend an a aunt with a vitamin B12 defiency and it can make u feel really tired and moody, but they will give u an injection every month which helps with this nothing to worry bout as far as they are concerned :) good luck n try not to worry too much xx

Maybe they came back inconclusive or ran out of blood :s x

hopefully the origional sample just got dammaged and they need to re tet, im sure if there was something work they would have given the results of the first lot

Try not to worry hunxx

Try your best not to worry too much!

A few weeks before Christmas, I had a MW appointment and took my usual urine sample with me. Few days later I get a call off my MW gone 5pm saying the doctor needs me to drop another urine sample in asap as he's found traces of something. She babbled on for a while about it but I didn't quite understand what she was saying, so I agreed and took one in the next morning. I worried for a while because she'd never rang me before, and I kept wondering what the doctor could of found?

But at my latest appointment, she said the test was completely clear, nothing abnormal whatsoever.

So don't let your mind go into overdrive. It's probably nothing :hugs:

I called this morning and it appears to be something to do with iron levels . Though the receptionist was reluctant to speak to me about it. So I guess they are looking to see if I am anaemic

:hug: best to get anaemia sorted cos it can make you feel really crap. At least they spotted it now and not when the symptoms had kicked in fully xxxxxxxxx

I'm just a bit puzzled. Why do they need to do it again? I'm either anaemic or not surely lol. Or is this them double checking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back