Diet

Jade_Number1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if my diet is ok? I don't wan to put on a million stone during pregnancy so I am still watching what I eat (it's hard though!)

Breakfast- 2 slices of toast with marmite
Snack- Piece of Fruit
Lunch- Salad/Sandwich and a packet of crisps
Snack- Nuts/piece of fruit
Dinner- Something simple like spag bol or lasgne

I have always been very concious of my weight and I don't want to overindulge now and find it hard to get rid of post-birth.

x

looks fine to me hun they say that you only need to eat an extra 500 cals a day when preg instead of the whole eat for 2 thing
i eat sooo much more then you but then im a pig lol
manda xx

I'm the same as you Jade. I lost 7 stone before I got pregnant and don't want to put loads of weight on so I'm trying to eat as well as possible. It's hard at the moment as I'm off so many foods but what you're eating sounds fine.

If you're having toast, try to make it wholemeal bread instead of white (you didn't say which you were having so thought I'd mention it). Make sure you try to get lots of fruit and veggies in too.

If you feel like something bad, have it. Remember that your metabolism increases when you're pregnant so you burn calories a bit faster than usual but don't use it as an excuse to over indulge :D

manda224 said:
looks fine to me hun they say that you only need to eat an extra 500 cals a day when preg instead of the whole eat for 2 thing
i eat sooo much more then you but then im a pig lol
manda xx

A woman of normal weight does not need any extra calories during the first six months of pregnancy and then only an extra 200 calories a day during the last trimester.

That's what all my books say. That counts as a slice of toast with butter/marg and a couple of pieces of fruit.

:D

Sounds fine to me. I think I eat about the same, if not slightly more..
At least, I've been TRYING to only eat that much. I've overindulged A LOT the past weeks, and see myself gaining fast, so I'm cutting back big time.

Diet looks fine but the only thing I noticed is not much protin throughout the day...

Maybe have a glass of milk or a yogurt with breakkie, and then with lunch rather then crisps have some nuts (except peanuts) better fats and mroe feeling then crisps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back