Diet too healthy!

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Rowan was weighed last week and they were a little concerned about his weight gain so told me to keep a food diary and they would call at the house same time this week. Well health visitor has just been and weighed Rowan and again he hasn't gained weight as much as he should. She read the diary I'd kept and dont get me wrong very nicely told me his diet is almost too healthy. She told me he needed to have more stoge and advised me to give him cake and custard and add butter and cream to everything :shock: I feel totally dismayed as I have worked so hard to give him a healthy diet and have cooked everything myself. Really feel like I've let him down. What on earth is the world coming to, in one breath they tell us there is a problem with childhood obesity and in the next I'm told to feed him utter rubbish :?

We try our best and then we still get told we are doing things wrong. In a minute she will be saying you are overfeeding him and to put him on a diet :roll:

I would still feed him how you normally do but just give him a bit more fatty stuff rather than starting to give him fatty stuff all of the time. I would be worried that he would get a taste for it and want it all of the time.

Miracle babe said:
Rowan was weighed last week and they were a little concerned about his weight gain so told me to keep a food diary and they would call at the house same time this week. Well health visitor has just been and weighed Rowan and again he hasn't gained weight as much as he should. She read the diary I'd kept and dont get me wrong very nicely told me his diet is almost too healthy. She told me he needed to have more stoge and advised me to give him cake and custard and add butter and cream to everything :shock: I feel totally dismayed as I have worked so hard to give him a healthy diet and have cooked everything myself. Really feel like I've let him down. What on earth is the world coming to, in one breath they tell us there is a problem with childhood obesity and in the next I'm told to feed him utter rubbish :?

it is utter rubbish!! keep feeding him the way you have and tell them to fook off. havce they taken into account that he is more active now or that maybe he is growing up instead of out :roll:
im sure he is fine. who the heck wants a fat kid!

Did she mean the diet was low-fat?

There's loads of ways to boost that without cakes, the silly moo :roll: Who TRAINS some of these people??

Maybe he could have a bit more oily fish, avocado, cheese etc? I try and feed Stanley 'healthy' and then remember that what's healthy for me isn't always ideal for them as he needs more fat in his diet than his porky mum!

I was told this too. Although not with cakes and rubbish but to start giving her cheese in a lot of her food and too add more milk. It didn't work anyway she just burns it all off!

:doh:

What is she on about???

Of course, babies and small children need fat in their diet, much more than we do, but that doesn't mean you should feed them custard and cakes all the time.....

Like the others say. Full fat milk, yoghurts, cheese, oily fish, bread etc....

:doh: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back