gone off all food..help needed

cloud9

Reaction score
D has always been a great eater but he went off his food when he had a cough and cold, he is also teething but barely eating. i have tried everything even his faves he isn't eating.. I am starting to really worry about him...
I am sure he has lost weight but gonna take him to get weighed this week but i know his trousers are all loose on him.

Has anyone else gone through this or any ideas?

Aww bless him, maybe hes not feeling well still cos a well baby will always eat their food.

Just make sure hes still having his milk and will take some desserts if he wont touch his savory. As long as he will take milk dont worry too much. But defintely take him to the octors and speak to your HV.

:hug: teething is such a pain

How long has he been like this?
Tom went off his food for a whole week. Hardly ate a thing. I could get yoghurt down him and he was still taking his milk but that was it...couldn't get anything else past those lips!
He had a runny bum and so I assumed he must have some sort of tummy bug. Anyway, bum settled and he eventually started eating again.
Also it's common for them to go off their food when they're teething so may well be that.
I'd keep an eye on him, try and see if he'll have some yoghurt and spk to your HV if he's still not eating next week.
Lucyx

Hey Jo, same thing happened to us it is in the thread down the page adressed to Flame. He did start eating again though, although he has now stopped again as he has another cold and he as had a tooth popped through! I am not getting myself stressed this time though, he is still drinking his milk abnd oddly enough will have a biscotti!!

No advice, just these :hug: :pray: :hug: :pray: I really hope its just a short phase whilst he's feeling blue - I suppose if we're feeling under the weather we do go off food a bit so maybe thats all it is? I hope you get your muncher back soon.

M - Teej has good taste - I love biscotti!! On a serious note, hope he ups his intake again soon too! :hug:

today
he has ate 3 spoons of porridge
refused rusk
refused jar
refused chicken off our plate
refused bread and cheese
ate peitit felous but only by me contiunally playing peekaboo and putting a spoonful in everytime he laughed

he is drinking loads of milk...my Hv is useless she only knows whqat is in a text book and if you don't want to do it the text book way then don't bother her

hopeing for a better day tomorrow

cloud9 said:
refused bread and cheese

I've never known him be off bread & cheese :shock:
Poor little soldier.......!!
When he does get his appetite for food back, you're gonna be feeling like Pammie again :rotfl:

Ryan hardly ate a thing when he was poorly over Christmas, it went on for about 3 weeks. Only thing he would take was yoghurts. We just had to give him extra milk and eventually when he was feeling better he started taking food again.

I hope he gets his appetite back soon :hug:

I just wanted to say I hope he's back to eating well soon, and that you say he's drinking his milk, so that's a great sign, he's getting his fluids. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

he has eaten better today
1/2 bowl of porridge
1/2 jar of food
large bowl of cheesy mash with sprouts

hopefully he will sleep better and continue eating

thanks for the support will let you know how he gets on

I'm glad to hear he is starting to eat a bit more now. Like the others have said just keep offering him things and let him have what he wants and give him plenty of milk and fluids in between. He'll have his appetite back soon enough. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back