Did you have any / all of these signs in early labour?

Just wondered if as your having a wave of BH or possible contractions does it feel like LO is squirming as well, just this evening been getting very irregular waves and they are a bit intense and it feels like LO is squirming with it, no other signs but gonna give it another hour and have a bath. If its BH a bath stops them doesn't it? X

I am just a little curious as to what signs people had pre labour / in early labour

Did you have any [or all] of the following:

1) period type cramps
2) waters going
3) any kind of clear-out
4) loss of mucus plug / bloody show
5) lower back pain

Any other signs that I should add?

Thanks in advance!

xxxxxxx

1) I didnt really recognise my pains as period cramps as such, more like I just needed to fart all of the time!
2) My waters didnt go, I had to have them broken for me at hospital.
3) I had a few loose poos the day before I went into labour, it made me very aware of what I then ate because I wanted to be empty!
4) Disgusting I know, but I didnt have a bloody show until I was in labour, after a shot of pethidine, I was being sick and it just sort of fell out!
5) This one I had! I had horrific back pain for a couple of hours before it moved round to the front! It was so painful I thought my kidney stones had reappeared!

I havent got a clue what happened with my plug, I lost a bit at 36 weeks then never saw any more of it!
I'd say my biggest sign was being extremely restless, grumpy and generally a nightmare to be around. I was in a very bad mood and couldnt work out why. I ended up going to bed early in a sulk and I'm so glad I did!

xxx

I didnt really recognise my pains as period cramps as such, more like I just needed to fart all of the time!
2) My waters didnt go, I had to have them broken for me at hospital.
3) I had a few loose poos the day before I went into labour, it made me very aware of what I then ate because I wanted to be empty!
4) Disgusting I know, but I didnt have a bloody show until I was in labour, after a shot of pethidine, I was being sick and it just sort of fell out!
5) This one I had! I had horrific back pain for a couple of hours before it moved round to the front! It was so painful I thought my kidney stones had reappeared!

I havent got a clue what happened with my plug, I lost a bit at 36 weeks then never saw any more of it!
I'd say my biggest sign was being extremely restless, grumpy and generally a nightmare to be around. I was in a very bad mood and couldnt work out why. I ended up going to bed early in a sulk and I'm so glad I did!

xxx[/QUOTE]

That is me right now full on grumpy, could argue with myself in a corner lol xx

I was getting period cramps, and did have a clear out. But apart from that I had nothing, then I was induced at 41 + 3 and baby arrived 41+5. But was actually only in labour for 6/7 hours xxx

Okay - I am hoping I am getting some signs of labour.

I have had light period pains all morning, with the odd painful one - mainly in my upper thighs and lower back, and just a couple in my tummy. I've also had to go for a couple of 'sloppy' poos. Started to 'nest', so to speak, cranked out the steriliser today to learn how to put it together/use it. Really hoping that something happens soon.

Ive started with really tight back ache this evening, middle of my back xx

Went for a mw appot at 38+6 was 2/5 engaged, booked in for sweep on due date.
Had back ache nothing unusual had walked a good few miles.
8pm my waters went, no contractions, slight ones on the trace nothing felt til i was 4cm at 2am xx

I had feelings at 4am which I mistook for needing a No 2, they gradually got worse and my waters and plug went at 7am, no pain til waters went, had baby at 4pm, no signs in the days or hours before

TMI - Serious diarrhoea and cramps last night. It has eased off now though - kinda hoping plug and/or contractions will turn up today :-s

Goooooood thread.

I keep thinking EVERYTHING is a sign to then realising that I am being way too hopeful.

Today I have lost more plug, had more BH, slight ( very slight ) lower back pains, incredibly moody, argumentative and quite emotional. A constant need to fart to no avail :shock: and just fed up.

But in all reality I have this gut feeling that nothing is happening, and I know this is right. I hope that these twinges mean something but I am making more of it than they deserve. We can hope...I know it will happen but COME ON....

I so hope that you are writing your labour thread soon...

2 hours of ball bouncing tonight, then going for a cso bath and then jumping oh bones! Fingers crossed for some signs! Xx

Im hoping sweep tomorrow morning, sexytime at night lol xx

Hey hun, I had tons of mucus loss at 40+1 all day (so gross lol) and then at 5am at 40+2 I woke up with strong period pains. Only had them for half an hour before contractions started.

Has it all kicked off for you then?! :) x

Nope nothing has kicked off for me yet :shock: but I was wondering if women get "all" of the signs or they can go into actual labour not having any of them??

Just being nosey :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

I had no signs whatsoever!!!!
$am, turned over in bed, felt a "pop@ and suddenly my waters gushed out. Within 5 mins I felt the first niggle of a contraction. Less than 10 hours later my little man arrived.

But I honestly went to bed that night feeling no different to any other day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back