Did you have any / all of these signs in early labour?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I am just a little curious as to what signs people had pre labour / in early labour

Did you have any [or all] of the following:

1) period type cramps
2) waters going
3) any kind of clear-out
4) loss of mucus plug / bloody show
5) lower back pain

Any other signs that I should add?

Thanks in advance!

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hey hun, I had tons of mucus loss at 40+1 all day (so gross lol) and then at 5am at 40+2 I woke up with strong period pains. Only had them for half an hour before contractions started.

Has it all kicked off for you then?! :) x

Hey hun, I had tons of mucus loss at 40+1 all day (so gross lol) and then at 5am at 40+2 I woke up with strong period pains. Only had them for half an hour before contractions started.

Has it all kicked off for you then?! :) x

Nope nothing has kicked off for me yet :shock: but I was wondering if women get "all" of the signs or they can go into actual labour not having any of them??

Just being nosey :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

I know several people who suddenly went into labour with no signs at all, and two of the babies weren't even previously engaged! Two born in bed, one born in the bath and one in a hospital elevator trying to get to the delivery suite!

They say the most likely way to predict what could happen for you is looking at how your mother laboured, and any sisters you have. Even then it's guess work rather than a done deal about how you'll labour.

With Lily - was feeling ok - then lost my plug at 5pm. It was obvious that that is what is was btw! Then nothing until the early hours of the morning when I was up, wit niggly tummy pains like you get when you get a case oof the "sqits". Then contractions started about 5am!! x

I had some increased discharge for a couple of day and then my waters broke! I had none of the other signs though, no back pain, no 'clear out', no cramps and no bloody show.
So I only had one of the 5 signs :shock:
I think every labour is different though, some may get all 5 and some get no warning at all.

I had light bleeding - like the start of a period - but it wasn't a bloody show - for 2 days

I then had period type cramps which were regular every 10 mins

All my contractions were in my lower back - so it started with shooting pains across my back

I then had to come on here to check if I was in labour (despite being in hospital) I then called the midwife on the ward, who didn't believe me, and gave me two paracetamol :lol:

o wasn't even engaged the day before. the Wednesday night i had bad diarrhea (sp ?) Then 10am Thurs my waters went. So only the two for me no plug etc
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Im getting pre labour signs and due in 1wk 6days, had lots of white discharge for about 3wks now, started with period pains that make me feel i need to poo, got really snappy lately for past 5days, and become a night owl and ive got really restless xx

The period pains that feel like you need to pooh are very interesting!

I've had them a few times but only for like a few hours here and there...

That is the exact way they feel to me though Wilson - very apt description!

xxxxxxxx

Argh desperately waiting ANY signs at all. Being 40+1 is not fun! I have reset my due date to friends and family for 2 weeks time as I know he'll have to be out by then!

1) period type cramps √
2) waters going X
3) any kind of clear-out √
4) loss of mucus plug / bloody show √
5) lower back pain √

My waters didn't go until after 2 days of labour but I think I'm the exception, most people wouldn't normally be in labour for that long I'm sure!! xx

The period pains that feel like you need to pooh are very interesting!

I've had them a few times but only for like a few hours here and there...

That is the exact way they feel to me though Wilson - very apt description!

xxxxxxxx

Are u keeping mobile or sittin xx

I've been get loads of white discharge for about 2.5 Weeks, didn't realise that's a sign. Been getting period type cramping for 2 Weeks! Mostly at night, with tightening and lower back pain. been having midnights poos for about a week too.
The period type cramps are right in my groin and can feel pain running up over my hips and into my.lower back. Other times its very much like needing to poo or bad wind. Sorry for the tmi lol x

I had period type pains and lower back ache all day.

Started contracting at about 4pm (felt nothing like the period pains), waters went at 10.30 in bed! Lol!!

Other than my waters going, i had no foof leakage beforehand at all!!

XX

I had no signs really. I was on here the day before moaning that I was probably going 2 weeks over.

My first sign was period like cramps on the Friday morning about 3am. Then about 6am I had a brown patch in my Knicks so I rang the line and they told me to have paracetamol and come in when they were 3in 10 I think. They weren't bothered about the blood because it wasn't red.

I had these period pains all day Friday and they were every 3 mins or so from quite early on. And lasting a while too. I don't like to call these contractions, knowing what I now know as I was managing relatively well. These pains got me to 4-5cm. After then it was a WHOLE other story lol

The 'active' labour contractions there is no mistaking lol.

Are u keeping mobile or sittin xx

Today I've been mainly sitting to be honest, not had any of these pains for hours now though!

Had a few BH, but very sporadic.... Maybe 5-6 throughout the day...

I've not had many BH in general though so maybe this could be something?

Gah, bloody due date tomorrow has got me in a right tizz. I'll be glad when it is the 6th to be honest...

xxxxxxxx

Aww bless ya, best tip is to keep moving, sitting doesnt help aparently and can stop contractions moving forward xx

I had NO signs. No braxton hicks, no period pain, no backache, nothing. Went for midwife appt at 38+6 and was only 1/5 engaged and she was convinced baby would be late so booked me in for a sweep at 40+5. Next day at bang on 39 weeks at 2.30am in the morning my waters broke but no contractions. Hospital asked me to go and get checked and I went in at 5.30 and waters had gone but baby was still only 1/5 engaged. Sent home, still no contractions all morning. 1pm got my first contractions and boy did I know it!! By 17.48 Evie had arrived!!! Still have no idea where my supposed 'plug' went. Evie was a very mucousy baby so maybe she swallowed it??!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back