Did anyone go for first scan and find they were further on than they thought

Willow16

Reaction score
Hi, did anyone here go for their first scan and find out that were further on than they thought? TBH I don't exactly remember date of my last period and I am worried what if I am further on than I Thought

Yep, I thought I was about 8 weeks at my first scan but she put me at 13!!
We started trying right at the start of Jan, and weren't actively trying in Dec, but clearly it happened lol
Why are you worried about being further on than you thought? x

It's very possible hun, woah Ruby that is quite the discrepancy! That must have been a lovely surprise! Yes, why are you so concerned about it? When is your dating scan booked for? I suppose the only issue could be missing the boat for the screening tests, is that your worry? It's so hard remembering when you're not keeping tabs on it.. I try to think of a significant day or event and think "Was I on my period then?" and try to whittle it down.. Luckily the month we conceived I made a note of absolutely everything relevant to baby making so I knew my dates were bang on, but I can see how this happens all the time! xx

Yep, we both looked at each other and said 'December?!' Only thing I kept a note of was my period so I didn't get caught out when I was due on.
If it's drinking alcohol then don't worry, I drank like a fish over Christmas and New Year without realising and it hasn't caused an issue, it happens all the time.

I had just been rubbish at keeping my dates. I had been unwell back on 13th June, blood in urine and was asked could it have been period and I thought no as it hadn't been that long since last one but husband thought last time we dtd was his birthday which was weeks before so I thought I fell pregnant early June and he thinks May. This is my second pregnancy and trousers are already tight. It's probably just my paranoia as I think we have dtd later than husband thinks. Screening would be my main worry. Have booking apt with midwife 2nd Aug. Thanks for your replies xx

I just want to add that a lot of people have a much more irregular cycle than they think. Some months, you might not ovulate, but get a period anyway, and as you might have heard, it's fully possible to get your "period" as usual several months into pregnancy. So the only way for sure to know when you conceived is to monitor ovulation, and even then you can't be certain when the egg is actually fertilised as both ovum and sperm can "float around" for a few days.
I wouldn't worry too much about screening, as there still is a pretty wide window. But do mention to the midwife that you're unsure of how far along you are and they might be able to fit you in for a scan earlier than otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back