Menpur?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey girls, ive to get three injections of menpur next Wed, Thurs and Fri after taking my letrazole. Is or has anyone used this and if so is it actually classed as ovulation induction? Whats your experiences. Ive had failed clomid snd letrazole cycles already and have a low AMH level.

Last edited:
If you mean MenOpur, i use it for IVF :)

Definitely ovulation induction, if that means it forces your ovaries to create follicles.

What dosage are you on?

If you are only on it for 3 days though, i suspect it's only being used to start off some follicles and then hoping that your natural hormone levels will grow one of them to a mature size.

The injections themselves are alright and i can talk you through it if you need me to xx

Last edited:
I have a low AMH level, off to Oxford next week to start the IVF process. They are on about giving e some kind of injections in my referral letter

Ahh Louise you are my fountain of knowledge and saviour again. It is menOpur but I dont know what dose. Its the first time the unit that I am at are doing it as its usually done at the Royal which Im referred to come June but they are allowing me to give it a go. Basically the procedure is I take the 5 days of letrazole 5mg from yesterday to Tues. I go in on Wed, Thurs and Fri morning for her to give me injections of the menopur to boost my fsh levels to hopefully make my follicles grow as they didnt the last time with just the letrazole. She is going to do the injections for me but thanks for that.

Does that seem about right to you? Do you tàke it to increase follicle growth?

The O isn't always captial, i was just making sure that is what you meant because there could be a drug called Menpur for all i know ;)

Menopur is the only stimulation drug i take for IVF, so it is what gets me from my usual one follicle to producing 12-18 follicles so it will definitely be helping you to grow follicles.

It seems a bit unnecessary you going in for your injections, but whatever :) It seems a bit inconvenient lol

What is the letrazole supposed to do for you? I'm just wondering why they don't just put you on a super low dose of menopur for your whole stimulation phase like what they did for Mel xx

Last edited:
Mmm dont really know if Im honest Lou. Not even sure they do. The letrazole is like clomid so to try to induce ovulation but didnt work so the fsh is to boost me more. As they agreed to do something I just agreed with them because without this it is just the big wait!

I start these injections for IUI hopefully next week, ill be on them for 2 weeks aparently :shock: xxx

Yeah, no harm in trying it Laura :)

There is no reason why it wouldn't work so worth a go, i was just wondering why if they have menopur at their disposal that they just don't go for it ;)

Goodluck Laura x I have no experience but wanted to give u a :hug:
Definetly worth a go if gets u that all important bfp xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back