Developmental Check?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I had a letter this morning to say that Phoebe is due her 7-9 month developmental check on the 24th.
I was just wondering what sort of things they check for?

:)

They weigh and measure LO. Err...check they can hold things with both hands. Sit, roll that sort of thing. It's just really if you've got any concerns with her development you can get them checked.

Thanks Traci, I was just curious really. Well she can do all of those things so I'm not too worried then. I've not had her measured or weighed in a while though.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that she will not self settle :/

Omg they are good! Stanley isn't seen till 12 months!!! Shocking xx

I haven't heard of a 7-9 month check either! Hope it goes well x

Ooh really I've had a letter to say her 7-9 developmental check is this month and then they have a 2 year check and a 3 and half year check. Strange! I'd never heard of it until I got the letter this morning either x

I just checked my red book and even in there I only have pages for a 6-8 week review and then it goes to a 12 month review x

Weird I suppose it must just be certain areas. Ah well she's coming to my house to do it and at least I'll be able to see how she's doing and hopefully get some advise on self settling. It's a nursery nurse thats coming too. x

HAve you already had one home visit? where they give you the toothbrush and beaker?

Ooh no not had that. Was that your HV? We've already got her a little toothbrush though and started brushing her tooth yesterday, lol it was rather difficult. Strange how they do different things in different areas! x

I haven't heard anything from my HV since meeting her after birth. I've never been to her groups or rung her or anything. I was actually expecting a call to check that I was looking after my baby properly as they don't even plot his weigh when he gets weighed let alone they know it's him.

In my area there is 6-12 months developmental check and they do it around 8 months. I did it at 9 cause we were away.
Didnt get a toothbrush or a beaker

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

In Wales we have 7-9 month check and another one later on.

Ah yeah must be an area thing then.

I had a HV home visit at around 4 months I think it was - she came and weighed her, measured her length, gave me a weaning book, a toothbrush and beaker and did a PND questionnaire

She's got this at 10 today so I'll have to let you know how it goes :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back