7-9 month check

Emmylou

Reaction score
What happens?
Libby has hers in the morning, it says in the letter they will take weight & height and check her development?

How do they check her development?

I just like to know what to expect :D

im glad you posted about this as i was wondering what they did jayde has her next month

With Dan my HV asked me about how he was doing as regards to weaning, sleeping, talking, smiling etc. She checked if he poked a tiny piece of paper with his index finger, which he did. She weighed him and that was about it. She also gave me some childrens books!

If I remember rightly they gave Isaac a block and saw how he held it, then they watched him pass it hand to hand. They check their hearing, ie make a noise and make sure they look for it and they check their sight, up down, side to side. They ask you questions about baby, like do they respond to their name, do they watch you walk across the room, are they reaching out for things. Theres no right or wrong answers because all babies develope differently, they are just looking for certain key areas that are showing development is progressing normally.

Its nothing to worry about. Isaac had his a while ago now so yours may be different to Isaac's but you get the idea of it anyway :)

Good Luck and enjoy!

Lou :)

Keeley didn't have any checks apart from her one at 12 months.
But just wanted to say good luck... i'm sure it wil be ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sophie's not had any checks since she had her first one, apart from going to get her weighed i've hardly saw my HV. Although i actually prefer it this way, just being left to it rather than an overbearing HV telling me what to do i suppose!

Last time i went to get Soph weighed, i was planning on asking about her 7 - 9 month check, but it was a nurse that was doing it due to HV being ill, so still don't know what happened!

When I took LO to her 6 week check, the HV told me the next one wouldn't be until 1 years old as they've scrapped the 8 month check in our area.

The HV weighed and measured Jake and then just asked me some development questions such as is he passing things from one hand to another etc etc. She then asked me if I had any concerns or questions and gave me some books for him. I was in and out in about 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back