Designing invitations

beanie

Reaction score
I am looking for a website where I can design invitations. I am designing them for Seren's naming ceremony and am wanting something funky and original. Does anyone have any ideas, I loked a vista but didn't see anything there.

Not sure how funky this is but Truprint do photo invitations and their delivery and service is brilliant.

As with Louise I can vouch for Truprint aswell, we had some cards made up with a pic of Ella to mark her arrival that we sent as thank you notes to people for pressies (obviously wrote personalised bits on the back). :)

you could us your avater photo of your GORGEOUS little girl, how cute is that piccie!!!?? Didi you take it? Its amazing xxx

Aw thanks Zoe, I went on a hen do a cuple of years ago and had some angel wings which we dressed Seren in and I tried to take a photo but wasn't too successful as she kept trying to eat them. This was the only one where she looked at the camera but refused to smile, typical!

IMGP0062.jpg

AAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, even cuter now its bigger, she is a stunner!!! What a pretty girl!! Thats a great piccie, and would look fab on your invites, play on the angel theme "our little angel invites you..."??

Everyone would be delighted to get such a personalised invite with a piccie of Seren, defo gets the "ahhhhh" factor!! xxxxx

yeah thats true i think it looks really natrual and cute, she dosnt need to smile to look gorgeous!!! it would be great on an invite :D

That is a beautiful picture!!! I like that she's not smiling she looks so sweet.

Am wondering if I could do it at home or something. Wanted a theme around stars so thought some stars on the front would be cool, but I could buy the irridescent confetti and stick them on (have about 40 invites to send out though so may get fed up of that lol). Really like the wording you suggested Zoe.

i think its better that she's not smiling, its more natural. Its a really beautiful picture.

Can I ask are you doing your own naming ceromony or is someone doing it for you?
We really want to do something for Aimee but DH wont get her christened

Duds, we were the same. Wanted to have a ceremony to celebrate Seren arriving into our family but both of us are not repligious so a christening was out. I went onto the humanist website and am getting an celebrant to conduct the ceremony, but you can do your own. The best thing is it can be how you want it to be.

here are some links you may find useful

http://www.civilceremonies.co.uk/ncindex.htm

http://www.ceremony.org.uk/naming.htm

http://www.humanism.org.uk/site/cms/con ... ticle=1174 (this was how we got in touch with our local celebrant)

I am not religious at all, neither is OH and we had discussed a naming ceremony..it sounds brillant

It will be a lovely day for Seren, where is it being held?x

We have hired a function room in a pub lol. But they said we could have the room and decorate it as much as we wanted, and the room is massive. Our house is sadly too small and we are on a budget. The room cost is £70, the celebrant is about £110 and we are going to have a buffet etc.

If you can get to Staffordshire you are more then welcome (though am only allowed up to 100 people so first come first served :wink: )

Awww Beanie that pic is so gorgeous! It's really really beautiful :D

i agree you should use that pic its lovely xxx

How did you manage to find the room? any good websites with things like that? Jakob will be christened, Alan however isnt religious and im not a soul church goer but im christened and confirmed and Alan has nothing against it. n I wanted to have the christening then hire out a room somewhere not too far from the church so people can drink if they want :cheer: and so i can put my own buffet out (rather get my mom to do that she makes a mean cheese and potato pie lol)!!
But im abit stuck on what to do, and when should I start planning it as we want Jakob christened quite early (end of november, december).

sorry to hijack your thread x

cas xx

Showed Serens piccie to OH this morning, he went all gooey and teary eyed!! Bless!! ha ha xx

I just went round different locations and got quotes. I didn't use the internet just got a list of pubs and hotles in my area and phoned/emailed them. Decided on the one we are having as it is a large room, easy enough to get to and is in lovely surroundings. Aas for planning it, I'm not too sure how christenings work sorry, so not sure how much notice you need to give the Church. I would make sure you had the Church booked then find a good location afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back