depression

JayK2387

Reaction score
Can you get post natel depression before the baby is born??

Im 21 and fell pregnant after being with my bf 3 months. Everything has been perfect and we we're really happy. This weekend we moved into our new place (ive never left my family home) and I cant stop crying.

My mum moved out yesterday, apparently they'd known for weeks but hadnt told me cause they didnt want to ruin things. My Dad and brother are distraught and if im honest i am too.

My bf works till 8pm every night and ive distanced from my friends loads in the last few weeks.

Im so upset, I could cry for days... To top it all off over the last few days ive started to think im not gonna love the baby when she comes along.

I feel like im going mental :cry:

xx

JayK

I think you can get depression whilst pregnant and I dont think bad of it! Because without talking too much about myself I have felt the same!

My friend is pregnant with me and she has been prescribed with tablets to help her!! So I know it can happen!!!

I want to send you loads of hugs!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: and I hope you start to feel miles better!! What about seeing your friends would that help!!!

xxx

Hello, firstly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

After all you have been through I think you are allowed to be crying!!!!!! You have been and are going through an eotional rollercoster, what you are feeling is perfectly normal considering what's going on in your life, I think you would feel the same weather you were pregnant or not.
I sorry you are feeling low and am more than willing to chat if you would find that helpful x

Aww im not supprised your feeling like this, with all the stress of moving and your parents, im so sorry. Your not alone, is there anyone close to you you can talk to? also speak to your Dr and midwife, no one will think bad of you and im sure you will be the perfect mummy :D You have my number, you can txt or call me anytime im happy to listen :hug: :hug:

Thank you girls :hug:

My friends are pretty rubbish and seem to think they know what im going through (none of them have children) and keep telling me not to stress for the babies sake.

Im only human :( and i feel bad... shes kicking me to death as we speak.

I just feel lost... like i cant spk to my mum now cause she has her own problems you know.

Im so glad i have u girls xx

JayK, I really sympathise :hug: .

The sadness you are feeling right now may not be related to pregnancy - when I got married I missed my family a real lot as we were kind of close and there were times when I felt really lonely. It's a big change and no matter how happy you feel in your relationship or in your new home, it still takes some getting used to for some people.

As regards your mum, it's another change you are all going through and until you get through the initial shock of her moving out you are bound to feel sad I think it's perfectly normal hun :hug:

If you feel you need to talk about the stress this is causing you or are worried about the effect it may have on your baby, do not hesitate to spk to your doctor. I hope you will feel better soon. :hug:

Awh Jay I am only 22, 23 next week and I know exactly what you mean about your friends! I have also just moved house and keep thinking will I love my baby!!!!!

I think you need to have some time out for yourself thats what I have been doing lately, going aqua natal and things that I enjoy doing without anyone else, I know it must be hard now with what your family are going through but try to keep positive and keep smiling!!!!

She sounds like a right one kicking away thats her tellling you evrything is going to be ok! Last week when I was stressed about my car and heating in the house and tiny kept kicking all week!!!!

How you feeling this afternoon

xx

Hi Hun
I'm sorry that you're feeling like this, it's pretty understandable though. Having a baby and moving out is such a massive change in your life, you're bound to feel anxious and upset, and the circumstances with your mum must be hard aswell. :hug:

I was 20 when my Daughter was born, and I also felt like you do with regards to your friends.. none of them had children at the time and I just felt like I completely drifted away from them. Me & my OH moved into our own house when our Daughter was 3 weeks old and at first, I just cried all the time! It felt soooo starnge to be away from my family and to not see them everyday, I just felt really lost. Things will get better though, I just had to keep myself busy. I made new friends, people that had children, and my best friend was always there for me. Once you get settled in to living with your bf and get into a routine, it won't be so bad. Hope you start feeling better soon. :hug: :hug:

JayK as the other ladies have already said, your going through a difficult time right now and even if you wasn't pregnant you'd still feel upset about all that is happening with you and your family. So I would guess what your feeling is pretty normal but what I would suggest is if you don't feel better after things settle down and still feel depressed then talk to your midwife or doctor and there is nothing stopping you talking to them now just for some reassurance. If you've not had a history of depression then you'll probably be fine once things settle. Don't forget the hormones racing around us atm make us naturally emotional. :hug: and dont forget we are all here to listen x

Hi Hun

firstly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I got depression when pregnant with Alastair It was about 34 weeks I was out on the sick and they were talking about anti depresents but didnt in the end which im glad about.

But you know it will most likely be ur hormones, I feel like this some days but then other days feel lush.

Give urself some time chick and Im sure everything will be fine :hug:

Thank you soo much... you have all made me feel so much better.

Im still upset but its good to know im not the only person that feels this way.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back