Depression..

I'm finding a lot of support in all this - so glad you started this thread! Yes - just look after baby. After all, what will be will be and the chips will fall where they do - we dont have much control over what other people do (and how they abuse and misuse policies that are meant to protect the worker for their own ends grr) but we can control our stress reactions to this (with help and a bit of time and practise) for our babies. Just wanted to say thank you - is really helping :)

xx

Thank you hun, its helping me too :). It is really horrible how so many places of work can cause these problems for pregnant people - don't get me wrong there are loads of places that are okay with pregnant folk!

Yeah unfortunately we don't have much control over things, I'm trying to block it out, it was really upsetting me but i'm trying to focus on the positives, i won't be here for much longer, and our little girl will then be arriving :). My mums taking me baby shopping, so i have some bits and bobs to pick up, long easter weekend, time to relax! I'm telling myself my work situation will be sorted one way or another and i am not taking in their attitudes.

Yup sunny the chips will fall where they do - never heard that before but great saying! :) xxx

I'm telling myself my work situation will be sorted one way or another and i am not taking in their attitudes.

Yup sunny the chips will fall where they do - never heard that before but great saying! :) xxx

I love that! Yes it'll be sorted one way or another and we will cope whatever happens! :)
I keep fearing they'll sack me for being off sick (they have a policy that states this) but hey if they do that then surely I will still get government maternity pay? That's what I'm worried about - we need the money to buy things for the baby like food and clothing. We can't survive on one salary in London :(

And I got the chips falling where they may from Fight Club! We have very little control over things and so we may as well just go with the flow - same outcome more or less but with way less stress!

Awww enjoy baby shopping with your mum - that sounds so lovely :)

xxx

Hi ladies,

Like Bella I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for nearly two years. I have been through two lots of therapy: CBT = not very good, but private counseling was amazing. Really helped me a lot and I can highly recommend it! I would love to still be having it but hey ho, can't afford £40 a week talking to a nice lady with a bub on the way...!

I've also had a sh1te work situ which triggered a couple of setbacks and I have been signed off for the last 6 weeks (although today is first official day of Mat leave!) My baby is 1 million times more important than a crappy job and whilst it was ok (well not really...) to deal with the anxiety and panic when it was just me, I wasn't prepared to put my body and mind through those things when I was pregnant.

I do think though ladies that some of this, especially if we have had good periods without stress, depression, anxiety, panic etc is partly to do with hormones and we should take comfort in that. There is a lot happening to us mentally and physically and it is a humongous change to undertake - I think we should cut ourselves some slack and allow for those up and down days and blame it on the baby ;-)

I also read a really great book. You may laugh, as I did when my cousin gave it to me, but it's called Self Matters by Dr Phil (off Oprah!) and when I read it I thought "Oh my God - this is me!" if you get a chance then get yourself a copy and I swear it will really help xxx

Wow you girls have said so many things that hit home!

Mummy Lou Lou check your inbox- I'm training to become a teacher, a lot of what you said hit home!

The work thing is so interesting. The amount of time I brough up issues and was frankly honest aboutnmy emotional state and actually made suggestions of how work could support me, makes me sick.

Now I'm in such a state I can't even face the place!

Prevention rather than cure springs to mind, I don't blame them for making me worse but they could have helped when I spotted the trigger signs!

Thanks for your posts girls. So glad I'm not the only one off and ridden with guilt.
And shame. know people Say dont worry abou what people think, but that's easier said than done! When your naturally anxious and u worry how can u just not care? "stop stressing and stop worrying" if I had a button to turn it off don't they think I would ??

Xx

Sorry fOr the typos ! I'm on my I phone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back