antenatal depression

leanne1b

Reaction score
I feel like I post all the time now.
I know its a personal question, but has anyone had any of this?
With my first daughter, I had post natal depression, or just plain depression, they were not sure which (very long story.)
Well, I'm not sure if I'm depressed. Every appointment they ask how I'm feeling in the head basically lol. Each time I just say yeah okay.
But I'm not really. It's been on and off since about 5 mths, and I'll be 8 months (date wise) tomorrow.
I'm more irritable than normal, my sleeping is a bit weird, and I get bouts of 2 days ata time where, the best way to describe it is I go into my own head. I will feel upset about nothing, but numb more than anything.
I've always had some anxiety issues, but now I'll keep my self up at night having proper panic attacks about random things... i.e. the weather, as in, what if something like "the day after tomorrow" happens. Pathetic isn't it?

Also, I can't be bothered to see anyone. I am okay with talking to people on the phone, but I will do anything to get out of actually seeing people?
Lastly, I hate my bf going out. Anywhere, work, coaching, exercise, anything. Like, it's not just, but I'll be bored, its more like, I don't want to see anyone, and don't even particularly have anything to say to him when I feel like this, but I just want him to be physically present?
I'm sorry this is so long. I know its prob just pregnancy hormones. It's just I'm suddenly not really feeling anything for this baby either and I'm scared I still won't when it comes out. My bf knows I had this before and theres a high chance I'll have it again, but if I do when the baby comes out, I know I'll be worse than I am now about him going anywhere, and then people would ask why he isn't... and, I don't know really.
I just feel screwed up.
x

Oh hon.. don't know if I can help with this but didn't want to read and run. Just posting on here is a postive step and I am sure someone will be able to offer you some helpful advice. Take care of yourself :hugs::hugs:

Oh dear...don't worry..I am sure these are pregnancy hormones as I do feel I am lot moody since I got pregnant..I get easily irritated and loose my temper..I am blaming it to pregnancy hormones as well..Lets wait what others have to say..

When i was pregnant with number 2, I think I may have had something similar. They say it can be triggered by life changing events and when I was 5 weeks pregnant my hubbys children came to live with us which turned my life upside down. I went from a working woman in a job I loved into a full time mum to some other woman's children.

i spent the whole of my pregnancy crying in fear that I wasn't coping, that something terrible was going to happen.... you know the rest. My hubby didn't have a clue how to deal with me although he is avery caring supportive man.

I think I just learnt to get used to these feelings and realise that whatever I was panicking about never really turned out to be that bad. was scared that the extra children were taking my attention away from my 1st child who was 8 months old at the time. I was scared that I wouldn't bond with my new baby, but can say that the opposite was true and whatever difficulties faced me, she was a true ray of smiling loveliness that made me so happy.

I'm a little bit the same even now. I only panic when hubby goes to work and I'm left with 5 kids, one of them a newborn

I've been on citalopram for about 3 years now, just a really low dose which might take the edge off. Not sure if any of this helps but you're not on your own xx

Thanks for the feedback. I was on citalopram for about a year after my daughter was born, definately made me feel better. I might mention my feelings to my MW on weds. Just feel like such a crappy mother x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back